Chapter 9

"Why did you come to SkyClan?" Kestrelstar demanded. 

Snowflake blinked at her. "You do not want to know what StarClan said?"

"No, I do," the SkyClan leader told the white she-cat.

"Alright." Snowflake leaped onto the Tallrock. Kestrelstar hissed at the disrespect of the ShadowClan medicine cat but allowed her to stay. 

"Cats of SkyClan-"

"You have no right to address us like your Clan!" Mothpaw yowled at Snowflake. Bluepaw looked at Mothpaw in admiration for her bravery.

"My apologies." Snowflake continued in a more respectful tone. " StarClan has warned me that darkness is coming, and on behalf of Brackenstar and ShadowClan, I request an alliance."

"What? Why didn't Brackenstar come himself?" Kestrelstar yowled.

"He is busy." Snowflake hissed.

"I will only accept if Brackenstar comes himself." The SkyClan leader's commanding voice rang through the camp.

"Fair enough. He will be here tomorrow." Snowflake stalked out of the camp.

The SkyClan cats gathered in groups. Bluepaw turned and looked at Mothpaw."That was strange..." "Very strange," Mothpaw said. 

Bluepaw looked at the sky. The meeting with Snowflake had been very strange. It gave her an ominous feeling. What does this mean... why do I feel as if Snowflake knows something that we don't?

~

"Redpaw, you will be now known as Redfur."

"Redfur! Redfur! Redfur!"

Redfur couldn't keep the smile off his face. I'm a warrior now! He turned to the newly named Seedfurl and Wavesplash. Seedfurl was conversing with Squrrielpaw and Wavesplash was slashing the air and yowled, "HHAHAHHA I'M A WARRIOR NOW WATCH OUT SHADOWCLAN YOU'RE GONNA GET YOUR HINDS KICKED AAHAHAHAHAHA" 

"It's not fair!You get to be warriors but I'm still an apprentice!" Squrrielpaw complained to Seedfurl. "Well, you're lucky. I will be an apprentice for a much longer time than you," Kestrelpaw said dryly. "Yaaay."

"You will sit silent vigil now, as StarClan's custom." Featherstar mewed.

As Redfur sat down at the entrance of the camp with the other new warriors, he looked at the sun setting over the camp. Wavesplash had curled on the ground, while Seedfurl sat up, her golden spotted fur glittering in the red and pink light of dusk, the pretty she-cat curled her tail over her paws.

I'm a warrior now, so I can take a mate! He thought. I wonder if Seedfurl will... nonono, not yet.  He shook off the thought. And yet, it was a comforting thought. He shivered. What of the prohecy...? He sighed. Oh well... why was he in it? It had to be him, he had the weather power thingy. 

He shook off the thought. He raised his chin, watching over the camp as the sun set in blood coloured light.