Thirteen

Madison stood in the room with Fletch and groaned as a contraction hit her. She knew that this wasn't the way that she wanted this.

This wasn't the way that she wanted to give birth. She groaned as Fletch looked to her. "It's okay," he said as he rubbed her back.

Madison looked to him and frowned. "Okay? I'm in labour. And there's a shooter. I'm here with my brother instead of the father of this baby. Who I can't get a hold of. I don't know if I can do this," she said.

Fletch looked to her and smiled. "I know it's not easy. But you can do this. I know what you can do. And trust me I don't want to be in this situation either as you're my sister. And I'm probably going have to help deliver this baby.
And it's an area I don't want to go. But I am here for you okay," he told her as he walked over to her.

Madison looked to him and nodded. She gripped his arms and groaned in pain. She knew that giving birth during a shooting was the last thing that she wanted or needed

And even if it wasn't the best situation, she was glad that fletch was here.

She didn't know what to do if she was alone. And she knew that he was a nurse.

Madison knew that she was scared and how she wanted for everything to go out. But she felt terrified by it.

****

Madison looked to Fletch as he he held his phone. She was lying on a bed. She looked to her brother and frowned. "You're worried about Lexi aren't you?" She asked.

Fletch nodded. "She's okay. She's safe. But I just...I can't help but worry. I still can't get in touch with Raf Mads. I'm sorry."

Madison sighed. "I never thought I'd be doing this alone. Giving birth alone. It scares me," she mumbled.

Fletch looked to her and smiled. "You're not alone. I'm here," he told her.

Madison nodded and smiled. "I know I meant without Raf. I love him so much. And it's been hard for me to let people in. I just want it to work out you know. I want to be a good mum," she groaned as she felt a contraction hit her.

"You already are. It will be okay. I think it's time to push," Fletch said as Madison looked to him and smiled.

****

Madison looked to the small baby in her arms. This was her baby. The baby that she and Raf had made together. She knew how it all seemed worth it. She was in awe of her baby girl.

She looked to see Fletch as he walked in and smiled. "Did you see Lexi?"

"She's okay. I tried to find Raf," he said.

Madison looked to him and nodded. "No luck?" She asked as she looked to him. She could see that he was hiding something. "What is it?"

Fletch looked to her and sighed. "Something happened," he said as she looked to him and frowned. 

But just what had happened?