Chapter 2: The Society

Lucia ran ahead into the Expeditionary Society headquarters, looking around at it—it wasn't too much special on the inside, besides its sheer size. But there were several Pokémon, most looking like they had at least some kind of experience, never mind all the Pokémon that Lucia could recognize as just strong as a base form, not including experience.

Then, someone cleared their throat next to her, trying to get her attention, and when she turned she had to look up to have her eyes meet the taller than average Quilava—significantly taller, Lucia presumed, but he looked down at Lucia with some concern "You lost there, little buddy?"

Flanking the Quilava was a Karrablast and a Marill, seemingly just along for the ride wherever their lead went. Lucia was just a bit startled by the seemingly sudden appearance of the group, and she stuttered a bit as she stammered back "I-I'm the uh um—"

She glanced around—where did Jack go? Did she really run that far ahead, or manage to lose him? Was she about to get in trouble, or—"Well, I'll be! If it ain't Luke!" Oh, he was just behind her, the made things better.

Jack then stood beside Lucia, smiling at the other two besides the Quilava and continuing "And Wynyard and Amy! Been two-so years since I've seen you three, ever since ya'll became full time members of this place at the very least. How you three been?"

The Quilava—Luke, apparently—smiled a bit at Jack "Mr. Furret, it has been a bit, yeah—but I'm doing pretty good..." He then turned his gaze back to Lucia, who had since shifted to slightly behind Jack, still with a concerned look "...Is she alright though?"

Jack looked behind him to Lucia "Oh, right! Well, Luke, this Riolu here can't exactly remember where she's from, and I brought her here to see if there were any missing Pokémon reports. Case she has folks looking for her, you know?"

Luke smiled a bit softly at Lucia, kneeling down and turning his body at an odd angle to be able to see and speak with her "Well, if there's someone out there looking for you, we'll find them, okay? What's your name, kiddo?"

Lucia... remembered that she at least liked boys with how Luke smiled at her with a charming air about him, and she looked down somewhat shyly "Lucia..." She kind of kicked at the floor, but then realized some of his wording—if someone is looking for her. What if there wasn't? She didn't remember if she was all alone from the start or if it was a recent development in life, but after that encounter with the Poochyenas... she knew she didn't want to be alone.

Luke smiled at her some more and stood up "Lucia, you'll be helped out here just fine. They'll find your parents." He turned back to Jack "We'll have to catch up some other time—you'll have to write me. You know where to check if there were any missing reports filed, yeah?"

Jack nodded "Right then, you three have a good day now! I'll be sure to write you soon! C'mon, Lucia." Jack led the way deeper into the building, and Lucia followed in suit, with the trio of Pokémon walking off somewhere else deeper into the headquarters.

Jack then gave a small smile down at Lucia "Luke's a good fella, ain't he?" To which, Lucia simply nodded. "Got a good head on his shoulders. Kid's going places. Lotsa folks like him."

Lucia just followed behind, glancing about at the Expedition Society. It seemed to be the centerpiece of the entire town, like a significant amount of Pokémon relied on it, lots of desks with lines at each one, boards with postings all over the place, and even halls stretching as far as they did only made her wonder what lay further within. She got distracted enough in thought that she nearly bumped into the desk that Jack stopped at, but hardly missed it.

Jack started talking to the desk clerk, but being as far as she was from the two on a height standing and all the noise going on. But, she could assume that, with how he was looking over some papers that the clerk—who she really couldn't see—they were the reports they were talking about.