Chapter 3: The House

Lucia turned back suddenly as she entered the house. Did... someone just shout? Jack turned as well, glancing around outside for a moment. So at least Lucia wasn't insane, or imagining it. Jack shook his head and closed the door. "Probably just some kid thinkin' they got spotted."

The other adult Furret there—Caroline, maybe? That seemed like a good guess at least—she shook her head "Well, at least they've run off now. But besides that—I'm assuming this is the Riolu I heard about? Lucia, isn't that right—?"

She talked sweetly and also leaned down to better talk with her, but she also shot Lucia—and Jack—questioning looks. Not aggressive, just... confused. Lucia was nervous as all hell, nodding. She was a stranger here, and, well, it didn't feel good. Jack spoke up first after a small moment of silence "Er—Sammy, how 'bout you show Lucia here around? Me and mom need to talk for a bit."

Sammy nodded a bit shyly and started walking off a bit, making sure Lucia was following behind. Once he saw she was, he led her off up the stairs. As she heard the muffled talking, she really hoped that Jack was convincing—or Caroline lenient with letting some kid stay here for the night.

She felt a little bit better once she was out of the presence of the two though—out of sight, out of mind... she hoped. She glanced about the upstairs area—four rooms spread all throughout it, it seemed like. 

She turned to the Sentret—Jack said he didn't talk much, but maybe he just didn't know how to really talk? She decided to break the silence up now that they were away from Jack and Caroline "Your... parents seem really nice."

Sammy just nodded slightly with a little "mhm" before pointing to the three doors about the hall. "These are the rooms and the bathroom is on the left. Um..." Sammy looked down the stairs before continuing, "I don't know if mom and dad talking still..."

He seemed to internally contemplate things before quickly going down, seemingly expecting Lucia to follow with, which she did. Jack and Caroline were still talking, but it was hushed and on the other side of the living room, and they either didn't notice or intentionally ignored the two as Sammy led Lucia off to another corner of the house.

An open kitchen with stairs close by leading to a basement, and two other rooms with closed doors, with Sammy doing the brief introductions "There's stuff downstairs we don't touch, and there's a bathroom and a room here, and that's it."

Sammy seemed a bit lost on what to do next, but thankfully, it was then that Jack and Caroline came into the room. Caroline looked awkward from what Lucia could gather, her smile seeming off and skeptical. But Jack spoke up fairly quickly, "So, Lucia, would you mind stayin' here till we find your folks?"

Jack seemed relieved when Lucia nodded, even though she didn't think she had too much of a choice. After all, right now it seemed like either the house or going out into the street and hoping for the best. And besides, they all seemed kind enough, not like there was anything for them to worry about. Jack continued, "Good, good... well, how 'bout you grab something to eat, and then we'll get you into the guest room for some rest?"

Lucia, definitely, had no objections there.

Haha, so yeah turns out I'm a little bit stupid. I got stuck on how to write this, and intended to make it a quick, short chapter to get it out of the way. Turns out that it was a short chapter, but not at all quick. Sorry about that- I'm trying I promise, I'm just a bit stupid

But yeah, hopefully see you all NOT in another couple months :')