4. Crown Prince Ravven Basilius (POV Chapter)

Crown Prince Ravven Basilius had wanted to read in the corner of the library. Away from everyone. Away from his responsibilities. Away from tutors who taught him everything but what he wished to learn.

The moment his hand grabbed that small girl's wrist, his world went black.

Suddenly, hundreds of memories flooded his mind.

It was as if it thrust him into someone else's life until he realized it was his own.

He shook his head.

He recovered his mind, all the glimpses of memories tucked into his subconscious.

Ravven staggered back.

'Focus on the vitals'; his father's reminder whispered in his mind.

Ravven took in a deep breath as he sorted through the primary fresh memories.

He had seen himself grown; arrogant and untouchable.

The memories had shown him growing up beside the girl he had bumped into, but their first meeting was different from what had happened. Then there was a girl with golden locks who seemed to turn his head. She filled the other self's head with all sorts of ideas, but they were all so stupid.

Ravven's eyelids trembled.

He focused. What was odd was he only gained the Other Self's memories that had the other version of the girl before him in them. She was a voice of reason throughout them; quiet, strong, and suggesting another path when he went astray.

 She was a voice of reason throughout them; quiet, strong, and suggesting another path when he went astray

His dark eyes had opened, gazing down at the girl that was shivering below him. He needed her to look him in the eyes. Maybe she had seen the memories, too.

Her large, luminous eyes filled with tears. He didn't have time to feel guilt as he fell into another memory.

His eyes glazed over as the room faded away around him and he found himself in an unfamiliar room.

It was unlike anything he'd seen before, all silver like starlight.

Wide see-through panels lined the walls. Through the panels, he could see a city made of the same shimmering material on the walls. Strange beings he'd never seen before walked the streets. Their skin shimmered when the light fell upon them, shifting into a multitude of colors. Their many limbs almost glowed as they moved.

The memoryscape shifted.

"Has there been a world chosen?"

Ravven turned as he heard the voice.

His eyes were drawn to the center of the room.

A girl shimmered in a transparent form upon a platform. Her body's image seemed to shift back and forth between a young girl his age and a young adolescent.

"You will become Vienna Thorne on Terra Number 90124.5."

The being who answered was like those who 'walked' through the city he'd seen through the strange windows.