#1

Cheers erupting from the crowd slowly dissipated into a silence as, what could've been the winning goal, hit the post of the net

Cheers erupting from the crowd slowly dissipated into a silence as, what could've been the winning goal, hit the post of the net. Your heart sank, for your childhood best friend Yoichi, knowing how bad he wanted this win. You could feel it from the bleachers - the sudden rush of disappointment and anger that he felt.

You'd both planned to have a night out following their victory, but it ended up with you both walking home, with nothing but a bitter feeling and sour expressions. You wanted to comfort him but you knew nothing would help at this moment. If anything he probably wanted to just sulk in silence.

He walked along, pushing his bike with him, before he suddenly hit a rock, stopping. Causing the handle of the bike to hit the side of your stomach.

"Hey! Isagi!" You complained, as if for a moment everything went back to normal and you were just walking back from school like every other day. (Normal being you and him both bickering every few minutes). Although, you stopped talking once you saw him bend forward, and thinking he was bowing, apologising, you spoke.

"Dude, what the hell are you doing-" Between the two of you, it wasn't normal to bow to each other for a mere apology like this one, but it seemed that wasn't what he was doing regardless.

His fists clenched around the handlebars, as his head dropped down, slightly shaking.

He was crying.

You placed a hand on his back, showing that you were there for him before he slowly got back up, puffy eyes and all. He avoided your gaze until you reached up and took his face in your hands.

"Hey, look at me." The fact he still couldn't look you in the eyes when he was crying after knowing him for so long, just made it even bitter.

"You did amazing out there. You know that right? That pass you gave was perfect and it had nothing to do with him missing the goal. You gave it your all and that's all that matters."

He looked more relaxed and content after you told him what you were thinking, yet your attempt at comfort only made him want more. His head fell to your shoulder as he began sobbing even more, muttering words to himself, "Why", "I tried so hard", "this isn't fair."

You wrapped your arms around him and let him stay for as long as he needed. It was rare he ever showed his emotions like this to anyone, but with you he could always. Yet, this was the most vulnerable he'd ever felt.

"You know you can let it out Yoichi, keeping it in will only make it worse." You urged, your expression sympathetic for him.

He let go, taking a deep breath before yelling at the top of his lungs. All of his regret and anger seeping through that scream. He glanced at you after with a small smile and before you knew it, you'd joined in on the screaming, letting out your pent up frustration from the outcome of the game, until the screaming faded into a fit of laughter.

The sudden outburst had startled some middle schoolers, making them run the other way.

You sighed with a content look on your face, knowing you both felt so much better after that, especially him.

Regardless of the disappointing outcome of the day, the two of you ended up having a fun evening anyway. You had taiyaki and other snacks on your way home instead of a proper meal, but it felt right to treat yourselves after that.

Although it wasn't a personal loss for you, it still felt like one since you both were so close. You'd practiced with him up until the very moment he'd stepped onto that field until everything had come crashing down for him.

Given the opportunity, you were both serious about football, and after you'd been noticed by the U20's Women's Football Coach, that had boosted Isagi's need to make it to the top.

[Time Skip]

____

"Open it! Open it~!" You pushed, more excited than the receiver of the letter himself. An opportunity had opened up for Isagi and you were more than happy for him. It had presented itself at the perfect time, just when he was again sulking about not being able to be at nationals.

After reading most of the letter out, his eyes glistened at the words, "After careful consideration, Isagi Yoichi has been chosen to take part in the Blue Lock, Football Training Programme..."

As his eyes drifted off the page, you both gasped and began celebrating. His parents didn't need much convincing to fill in the consent form since they were happy for him to pursue his passion. The only downfall was...that you wouldn't see him for months.

____

"Well, I guess I'll see you when you come back as Japan's best striker." You teased, smirking at the frowning boy infront of you. He sent you one back, looking determined to do exactly that.

"Don't miss me too much Yoichi-kun."

"How couldn't I?" He rolled his eyes with a smile lurking on his lips.

For the sake of it, you both did your stupid handshake you made years ago, leaving him to join the crowd of boys surrounding the doors in front of you. Feeling like you said goodbye too quickly, you ran behind him calling out his name.

"Hey! Wait up!" Isagi turned around to the sound of your voice and moments later you stood before him.

"Jeez Y/n, I'm not leaving forever you know?" He laughed.

"Whatever, text me when you can." You muttered, tightly wrapping him in a hug, with him immediately returning the favour.

With that, he left, and after seeing him inside, you turned on your heels to go home before you bumped into what felt like a hard wall. Stumbling back, you realised that wasn't what you'd just face planted into.

Peering upwards, you saw a large, built guy with ginger hair. A stoic expression plastered on his face as he seemed unfazed by the sudden contact, which to you, felt like you'd been hit by a boulder.

"Oh, I didn't see you there, sorry." What shocked you even more was the manners that came with his looks. "Holy crap he's hot." you thought.

You sent him an apologetic smile, muttering a 'sorry' and you both parted ways, bowing your heads at each other. Suddenly a wave of embarrassment took over you. You'd just face planted into a guys chest. Internally cringing, you went home trying to forget what happened. "He didn't even budge."

It had been a week or so since this Blue Lock programme had begun and you had never been more bored before. Unlike with Isagi, you couldn't hang out with your friends from your home room class 24/7 as you did with him. You laid on your bed, stomach down, swinging your legs back and forth thinking of something, anything to do.

You'd given up staring at your phone to see Isagi's name pop up but it hadn't happened yet and you'd came to the conclusion it wouldn't any time soon.

You lifted your head which was resting on your arms when you heard the familiar 'ping' of a text message alert. The long awaited notification had finally graced yourself with it's late arrival.

____

A/N: The actual chat part of the chatfic will start in the next part!
Just thought I'd add some sort of bg for the plot
Hope ya'll enjoy <3