IX "Staying at home"

Today, it was a rainy day,which meant,they couldn't go outside,which also meant,
No Magical Tree. By this,the children were devastated(except for James who was terribly ill)
"James,I know your not feeling well,you haven't been for the whole week. But,I got you a prescription from the pharmacy! It was partly bombed but they served me when they saw how ill you are. Here,a Doer." Their Father handed James a pill,hoping he could swallow it. He rubbed James' head and kissed his forehead. Jane came running into the room and looking at James. "Are you okay?" She asked. James looked up and coughed. "Partly?" Jane smiled and held James hand. "You'll be okay,the good thing is,you don't have to spend your last week of school!"
They laughed as Jane got up and waved. She walked out the room as James watched her. Every day had been rainy! It was horrible. James reached for his nightstand and took the map from the drawer. He looked at it,and thought of something. The girl named Lucy looked just like his best friend named Luci. He sat up and coughed loudly. Though his body felt weak,he dialed Luci's number on the telephone. "Hello? Is this Luci Tumberwalk?" "No,it is her mother. Also,you sound terribly ill!" He coughed again and threw up some pink stuff. "May I speak to Luci?" "Yes dear! Yes! I'll make you some chicken noodle soup to help you feel better. Now, Lucí my darling ! Lucí! Gusto kayong kausapin ni James Smith!" Lucí ran to the phone and thanked her mother. "Salamat po Mom" James slightly smiled when he heard her thank her mom,he'd been learning Filipino. "Kamusta,James! Jane told me you weren't feeling well,so,my Ina is making you dinner." James coughed but tried to sound fine.  "Tell your mother I said thank you,and I'm uh,fine. I wanted to tell you something,I met this girl that is 17,her name is Lucy,she reminds me of you and uh-"
"What is it,James?" "Never mind,could we still speak with each other?" "Sure,why not? You are my bestest friend." "Wanna gossip?" "Sure!" And so they gossiped about what happened with John,and how James got sick. Then they gossiped about school,how Alexandra and ñamí got into a fight,and why. They talked until 3:00,then it had been dinner time. "I'll call you later,James, Paalam na!" "Paalam na?" At Lucí's house,her mom was getting ready to bring James his Chicken noodle soup. "Kaibig-ibig, kumuha ng iyong sapatos sa, kami ay pagbisita sa Smiths!" (Which means: "Sweetheart,get your shoes on,we are visiting the Smiths!")  So Lucí slid on her shoes and walked with her mother to the Smiths house. "Father! Someone is at the door!" Said Jane smiling as she laid down the silverware. Mr.Smith walked to the door and opened it. "Good evening,Tumberwalks!" Lucí and her mother bowed. "Mabuti na lang-evening,Smiths." Said Mrs.Tumberwalk. Lucí looked down the hall and saw James' room,and James was sticking his head out his room waving. "Ina,I can take it to James, Kung gusto mo" (that means 'if you like') "Sure sweetheart!"  Lucí took the pot and rushed to James room and gave it too him. "Here,it's the chicken noodle soup." James looked at it, took the spoon ,and took a sip. His face turned normal again,it wasn't pale. He felt better,his body could move better. "Delicious!" Lucí smiled as she saw James happy again. "How did your Ina make this?" "Like any other chicken noodle soup?" James shook his head as in "no,this is not normal." "Who's your crush James?" Asked Lucí randomly. James got all fluttered up. "Uhhhh,I don't really know!" Lucí shook his hand and stood up. "See you at school tomorrow,James!" She waved gracefully and left his room. She went to the door as Mr.Smith and her mother talked. "You know,I'd love to have you over for dinner!" "Sure,Lucí dear, Naglalagi kami para kumain! Baka makuha mo si James at pwede ka niyang maupuan." (Which means: We are staying for dinner! Maybe you can get James and he could sit with you.) Amy wasn't going to be home for dinner,sadly,since she had to pass her finals. Peter rushed into James room to get him up. Lucí walked in , "Bumangon ka na,idiot"  (which means get up idiot) James rushed Peter put and gave Lucí a big hug. And he whispered. "I like Jessica Sanders." Lucí came out laughing and taunting James. He seemed perfectly fine. They seated at the table when the cellphone rang. "Kaii,go get it." So he got up and answered the cellphone. "Smiths,how may I help you?" "There was a bomb threat at after school care,and Amelia is on her way home now." Kaii hung up the cellphone and  ran outside. "Kaii it's raining! Your too old to be outside being childish anyways!" Shouted Jane. Lucí was concerned so she excused herself and looked out the window. Hyperwood High-schools neighbor, Hyporwood Secondary school was being bombed. Lucí ran out too, and followed after James,Jane,and her mom. James stopped where she was alongside Jane,and Lucí hugged Jane and cried.Kaii was running inside the High-school to get his older sister out. They all ran back inside as Lucí was hysterical holding on her mom. James spoke up, "You guys should stay here,Lucí,you can sleep in my bed." So Lucí went upstairs with Jane and went to bed,even though it was only 4:00.

*~*

NEXT CHAPTER: JAMES PREPARES A PRESENT FOR LUCÍ