Chapter 5: Planning a surprise for Mario

The next day at a restaurant on Ocean Drive called Kantina, Melissa, Holly and Jill were enjoying lunch and as they talked about Mario since he surprised them the first week of the competition season after returning from his tour, Melissa was deep in thought about something.

"What's on your mind?" Holly asked Melissa.

"Do you remember when Mario surprised us when he came back from his tour? How about we surprise him on Thanksgiving?" Melissa suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Jill exclaimed.

"What do you have up your sleeve?" Holly inquired and Melissa informed her and Jill on what she had planned and who

"And i know just who to call to plan the surprise." Melissa said, before pulling out her phone and making a call.

"Hello?" A woman's voice said on the other end."

"Hey, it's Melissa."

"Hey, Melissa, how's it going?"

"It's going good. Thanksgiving is in 4 days and Holly, Jill and Myself have been thinking, maybe you'd like to come to Mario's house to surprise him as he hasn't seen you in a year."

"Sure thing, we'll be right there."

"All right, talk to you later."

"Likewise."

Melissa hung up.

"Who was that?" Jill asked and Melissa whispered in her and Holly's ears on who she had just called, which brought huge grins on their faces.

"Mario's gonna be so happy to see them." Holly said.

"That he will and they'll also meet JoJo and Jessalynn as well."

Several days later, it was the day before Thanksgiving and everybody was doing their Thanksgiving shopping and at a supermarket called Sedano's, located in downtown Miami, Mario was walking in one of the aisles with a cart, he was decked out in a Miami Heat Ray Allen 34 jersey, trackpants and sandals since it was warm year round in Florida and he was looking for what was needed for Thanksgiving dinner. Also, he had signed autographs and took pictures with those who asked him.

"All right, i've already got the Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, Macaroni & Cheese, Cranberry Sauce, Rolls, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Pie Crust, Casserole, Cornbread and the. So all that's needed are Greens, Corn, Apples, Onion Dip, Brussels Sprouts, Onions, Potato Salad and Corn." Mario said to himself. "I'll head to the produce to get the apples."

Mario walked to the produce section of the store and it had a ton of fruits and vegetables as he got the apples. He then went to get the Greens, Corn, Apples, Onion Dip, Brussels Sprouts, Onions, Potato Salad and Corn.

"Now i got the remainder of what is needed for Thanksgiving tomorrow, now it's to the checkout line. I bet they're packed since it's the day before Thanksgiving."

Mario headed to the checkout lines and sure enough, it was packed as it was the day before Thanksgiving, eventually, he found a line that wasn't crowded and was in the line and he paid for them and they were put in bags that he carried to his vehicle and put them in the trunk. Mario then got in the driver's seat and backed out of the parking space and drove back to his house.

Minutes later, Mario arrived at his house and pulled into the driveway, he got out of his vehicle and went to the trunk to open it as Melissa, Renee, who is the sister of Melissa and the aunt of Mario, Maddie and Mackenzie and with them was Abby as they were going to spend the night at Mario's house.

"Hey, everybody." Mario said.

"Hey, Ario." Renee greeted her nephew. "Would you like for us to help with the groceries?"

"Sure."

"All right." Melissa stated as she, Renee and Abby helped her son get the groceries from the trunk before they headed inside and went in the kitchen and put them on the counter as Maddie, Mackenzie and Natalya, who is Renee's 3 year old daughter and the cousin of Mario, Maddie and Mackenzie

"Hey, big bro." Maddie greeted Mario.

"Did you have any trouble shopping?" Mackenzie asked.

"No, but the checkout lines were packed, though." Mario answered.

"We could tell." Abby remarked and they prepared things and even prepared the turkey and wrapped it up and put it in the refrigerator and around 11:00 PM, everybody went to sleep and what Mario didn't know, he would be surprised by some old friends tomorrow for thanksgiving dinner.