Chapter 6: Thanksgiving, Old Friends

Thanksgiving Day had arrived and it was one of Mario's favorite holidays and at his house, the time was 7:58 am and in his bedroom, he was asleep before beginning to stir and open his eyes. Mario got out of the bed, went in the bathroom and brushed his teeth and went downstairs to the kitchen, set the oven temperature to 350F before he took out the turkey and put in the oven.

"All right, the turkey's i n the oven." Mario said to himself.

Mario then heard the TV in the living room, he headed there and saw that Maddie, Mackenzie and Natalya were watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

"You all woke up before i did, huh?" Mario commented.

"We did, we've been up since 7:50." Maddie answered.

"No wonder i could hear the TV when i got up."

"Yeah." Mackenzie stated, before she looked at her little cousin. "Are you enjoying the parade, Natalya?"

"Yes." Natalya responded.

"I've been watching the Thanksgiving Parade since i was really little, mom would wake me up and we'd watch the Parade. My favorite float was Garfield. Also, did you know way back in 1932, the first ever character balloon for the parade was Felix The Cat?"

"Wow, that's an interesting fact." Mackenzie said.

"It is." Maddie agreed as Abby, Melissa and Renee came in to the living room.

"Happy thanksgiving, everybody!" Abby, Melissa and Renee said.

"Happy thanksgiving." Mario, his sisters and their cousin responded.

"Watching the parade?" Melissa asked.

"We sure are." Mackenzie commented.

"Question, Miss Abby. When are the girls and their families going to be coming?" Maddie wondered.

"The girls and their families will be arriving around 3:30 pm and in case i forgot to tell you, Brynn and her mother Ashlee will be coming by as they'll be guest dancers for the week after next, she won't be competing next week, but will still take classes at the studio as they've moved here to Miami Beach." Abby informed.

"Thanks for the heads up."

"You're welcome."

Six hours later, Mario was decked out in a white button down short sleeve shirt, white slacks and sandals with his long hair in a ponytail before heading downstairs.

"How do i look?" Mario asked.

"You look great, Ario." Renee responded to her nephew.

Mario went to the oven and pulled out the turkey and put it on the table.

At precisely 3:30 pm, the girls and their families started to arrive at Mario's house, starting with Kalani, Kira and Jax, who is Kira's youngest child, next to arrive was Holly, Nia and their family (Evan, Evan Jr aka EJ, William and Heather), then Gianna and her family (Kim, Paul and Alyssa), Kendall, Jill and their family (Erno, Ryleigh and Charlotte), JoJo, Jessalynn and their family (Tom, Jayden and and after them was Brynn, Ashlee and their family (Mike, Sadie and Noah).

"Looks like everybody's here." Mario stated, but little did he know, he was about to get a surprise that his mother had been planning as he then heard the doorbell ring.

"Who could that be?" Nia wondered.

"I'll go check it out." Mario said.

Mario headed to the door to see who was there, he opened it and who he saw brought a huge grin on his face because as it turned out, it was none other than Chloe Lukasiak, Brooke Hyland and her sister Paige Hyland and with them were their mothers, Christi Lukasiak and Kelly Hyland. Also along with them was Christi's younger daughter, Clara.