1. The Patient

Your mother told you that there was a purpose for what everyone does. That there is always a reason for someone's actions whether it was bad or good.

If it was a good action, the individual has learned the most rewarding path to handle situations, regardless if it was easy or not. If it was a bad action, the person could reflect on it, and with guidance, they will learn the right way toward dealing with obstacles.

And to this day, that is how you viewed life. If you handled something well, you would be rewarded in the future, if you handled it poorly, you would need to reflect on why you did such a thing, till you find the right path.

With these beliefs, you always wanted to find the 'purpose' of an individual's actions and help them find the right way. So that's how you ended up working at a rehab centre, helping mentally to find the root cause of someone's poor actions, and leading them to a better future.

With a smile on your face, you walked into the familiar double-doors of the rehab centre. Your heels clicked against the dusty white tiled floor, as you made your way to the staff room. As soon as you opened the door to the said room, a panicked screech of 'Y/n!!' was heard.

Alarmed, you jolt at the sound, and look up to see one of your co-workers, Hana, dashing towards you with wide eyes. "Y/n!!! I'm so glad you're finally here!" she screeches.

Being a bit confused, your brow furrows. "You are?"

"Yes!" she says with a trembling voice.

Seeing her tremble on the spot, with eyes looking like she'd seen a ghost, you instantly felt uneasy. "Hana, is everything ok?" Your voice laced with concern as you hold her shoulders.

She lets out a deep sigh before she looks into your eyes. "Y/n, I really need you to handle one of my patients for me!"

You feel your hands sweat to her request. You were still studying psychology at school. You weren't a qualified therapist, psychologist, or proper mental health caregiver yet. "Unnie, you know I'm not qualified to handle patients on my own yet."

With a frantic sigh, she holds onto your arms that were on her shoulders. "Y/n please! My boyfriend just got into a motorcycle accident!"

Your eyes widen. "Oh my God! Is he oka-"

"He's alright." she sighs with relief while interrupting you. "But I still need to be there for him! Please! All you must do is ask how this patient is feeling! Its easy, just try to have a normal conversation with him."

She still sees the nervous look on your face, but then smiles at you. "Y/n, you know I trust you right?"

Your surprised at her confession.

"You're the only caregiver I actually trust to deal with one of my patients, and you aren't even licensed yet!" She then runs her hands down your arms, till she's enclosed your hand with hers. "And this patient isn't too much of a pain. Besides, haven't you realized that most patients rather reveal their stories to you? They won't talk about their pass to a proper professional, but would gladly explain it to a student like you. Y/n, you have a gift for understanding people, so I know you can handle this for me."

You stand there quite stunned. You had been helping around at this place since you were a young girl, just doing whatever your mother asked of you.