20. Years Later

Jungkook lifelessly looked down at the marble stone, that was engraved with a name he still missed till this day.

It certainly has been many years now, since he lost someone who could make him feel loved, no matter how bad his circumstances were. Someone who was so very special to him, but also was gone way too soon.

There was a big hole in his cold heart, a gapping wound that he thought could never be healed. And for a long time after he lost her, he thought he would never become sane again. 

It was all his fault she was gone. The only person to only show him true kindness, was gone forever from his life. And he could do nothing to change that.

He hoped that in the future, he would forget about the incident. Try to forget that night. Forget the night that he held her in his crying arms, feeling the life drain out of her. The night that she died.

He thought he would get over it, but as the years passed by and as he grew older, he knew he couldn't. He didn't want to forget her, even if it saddened him. She was a special memory to him. One that he should cherish. She did so much for him without her benefit.

But here he was, now 26 years old and on the verge of tears as he tried to suppress the memories of her. Even though he did love her greatly, she brought along darker memories of his past. Ones that he couldn't forget, no matter how hard he tried.

He deserved to live a life a sadness for all the sins he had done. He was destined for the torturous wraths of hell for all his unforgivable doings, that still haunted his dreams at times. And worst of all, it was his fault that she was gone.

"Shit," Jungkook muttered, his past starting to cloud his mind. 

All the horrid memories of screams, bodies and blood, cruelly played in his head, reminding him of what he was. But just as he started to close his eyes in frustration, a small little voice broke him out of his dark thoughts.

"Daddy!"

And just like that, every haunting and troubling memory of his, seemed to evaporate. Because even if he was supposed to be sad and doomed for hell, he didn't care.

Why? Well, that's because he found a new meaning to life, something worth to live for.

After losing her, he thought there would be no one else in this world to care for him. To make him happy... but yet, there was.

He definitely had to go through a lot to find someone so special. Someone that loved him and that he loved himself. But it was worth it. All of it. And he would go through all the torture again to be where he was today.

Jungkook felt a big smile form on his face as he opened his eyes to see the little boy, with doe eyes look at him curiously from a metre away. He crouched down and opened his arms wide, motioning towards the toddler.

"Come here, Jeonsan."

The boy quickly stumbled his way towards his father, with a goofy grin on his face. He outstretched his arms, then Jungkook picked him up with ease, bringing him close to his chest to plant a kiss on his head. 

The boy giggled in return, enjoying the feeling of being held up. Jungkook looked at his son lovingly, knowing that he was most likely getting tired. "Jeonsan, are you getting sleepy?" The boy nodded in return, understanding the word 'sleepy'. "Wanna go and see mommy now?"

At the mention of 'mommy' Jeonsan nodded eagerly, already missing his mother's touch. "Yeaa!!"

Jungkook chuckled at his son's adorable antics, then rubbed his hair while settling him to sit atop of his shoulders, much to the little boy's delight.