5. Miss- eh, Natasha

Pov:
Peter Parker

After 3 sandwiches at Delmar's deli shop, Miss Black Widow, eh Natasha, finally let me go. I tried to get her to not buy me so much, but she just told me that I needed it. She was not wrong, it's just the first time someone actually gave something to me.
It is half past 4 when I finally get home. I look around and see that Jaxon hasn't come back yet, meaning that I might have food tomorrow. I can't help but sigh in relief. After this weekend, I will be able to spend more time at other places than home because of the internship. I will even get a salary from it, so I will be able to help May out a bit more. I just hope they won't see how worthless I really am and kick me out. I hear the door open and Jaxon comes in. Apparently he had a good day today because he starts baking cookies. I go to my room to not disturb him and avoid a beating. Lets see, what homework do I have?

"Dinner is ready boys!" I go to the kitchen and see a bowl of cookies and a pan full of mac n' cheese. I sit down for dinner and start telling May about the internship I forgot to tell about. "Monday I will hear my schedule, I am so excited May! I will learn so much and I will even get a salary for it! I will work for Tony Stark, THE Tony Stark, this is so amazing!" I ramble on about how much I love it and May has this heartwarming smile on her face. "I'm glad you are so happy Peter. You will probably do just fine there. And, Jaxon, how was your day?"  Jaxon shows the cookies he has made and starts telling us about his friends who he is going to hang out with this weekend. He is going to stay over at a friends house for the whole weekend and I can't help but feel happy for the peace and quiet I will have this weekend. With how we talk, we almost look like a normal family. Almost. Maybe if you remove the fact that May is now getting ready for her next job and Jaxon is looking pissed off at me. May walks out of the door and I know what is going to happen to me.
"You didn't think you could avoid it, do you? You are not worth anything more than being beaten up, even tough you are 'so smart'. I know you faked the email, no-one could ever want you, idiot." Jaxon looks disgusted with the idea of someone wanting me. My spider senses tell me that I am going to be hit again, I am not going to stop it. Even though I have the strength to stop him, I don't want May to have problems. She would feel horrible about her two boys fighting. I don't want to worry her. I fall on the ground and wait for the kicks to come that usually follow up the hitting, but they don't come. Jaxon spits into my face and walks away. "You are not worth it."

I am sitting on a building waiting for the next crime to happen while on patrol. I look at my phone and see a text from Miss- no, from Natasha. She told me not to call her miss.

???
How are you doing?

I don't know what to say back, so I will just try to be honest.

Peter
I'm doing alright :)

???
Good. Are you doing anything at the moment?

Peter
No, why?
Oh btw
I need to give you a nickname or something
The questionmarks are getting confusing :]

???
I'm in a boring meeting and had the urge to text you, to chat or something. And as of a nickname, I don't know, maybe spider? Black Widow is a spider.

Peter
Sure!
I can chat!

Spider
How is school?

Peter
It is fine I guess
Everything is too easy
I have 2 friends!
Well
Idk if one sees me as a friend
I have 2 if you want to be my friend
Probably not, you are THE Black Widow after all
I have all A's
Straight A student WhOoOo :S

Spider
Is straight A's even possible? And only 2 friends? I will be your friend.
How do you type so fast?!

Peter
Eh yes that's possible
YOU WANT TO BE MY FRIEND THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE ODJFIASLKNFIOUHDKF
Eh, I just do :)

I hear a scream and am getting my stuff together to help another person.

Peter
Sorry, have to go now
Was nice chatting  :)))

I run off the roof and start swinging to the screams. I see a scrawny girl trying to rip a purse out of another girl's hands. "Hey, that is not so nice, I think that purse is hers." She growls at me and runs away, leaving the purse on the ground. The other girl thanks me and starts walking home. I then swing to a store nearby where there is a break-in. "I don't think that is a legal way to enter a building while it's closed, could I suggest to just wait till the normal opening time?" The woman and man turn around and the woman starts shooting at me with a gun while the man tries to throw everything in a bag. I luckily avoid all the bullets, thanks to my spidy senses. "Hey, I don't think that is very nice of you!" I tell the woman and web the bag that the guy tried to fill to the ground. I then shoot a web at the gun and web that to the ceiling. I accidentally also webbed the woman her hand to the ceiling, so to make it more comfortable, I also webbed the rest of her to the ceiling. "I am sorry that I had to web you up in such an uncomfortable way, but if you didn't shoot me, I could have made it more comfortable." I look at a clock for the time and see that it is 3:20 already, I should go home. I web the man up a bit more comfortable than the woman and use his phone to call the police.

It's time to go home and maybe get some sleep in, so I swing through the air and am on my way back home. New York looks beautiful at night with all the lights. The city feels alive, even in the darkest hours.