"Wouldn't gliding be faster?" | Chapter Four

I yawn as I exit the hotel but before I can even think about what I want to do today I--

"Your holy highness!-- Want me to play you a ballad?"

I mean that sounds nice but-- "No thank you. ...Were you waiting for me to leave or?"

"Yes, I was! I'm guessing you know my other-- more well known-- identity~?"

"You mean... I know that you're the anemo arc--?"

"SHHSHSHHS! Sorry, just.. can't have you spilling my secret, ya know?"

I nod, "Yeah, my bad. Err, so what does that have to do with this?"

"Well I thought, it would make sense that I be your guide to Mondstadt, y'know? Cause like...", he trails off, assuming I understand what he means.

I nod.

Venti was one of my comfort characters, so I didn't really mind this.

His eyes brightened as I gave my approval, "Fantastic! I'll make sure you enjoy your time, your highness!"

"Oh, you can get rid of the titles. Just call me [Name]."

He didn't protest as he ran off expecting me to follow.

I sprinted trying to catch up to him.

"Wait, why are we running? Wouldn't gliding be faster?", he snickered.

My eyes twitch in irritation, I can recall the days I mained him. This voiceline, while I didn't mind it too much, it got annoying after the first 6 times.

"Maybe it would be, Venti. But it doesn't look like we can do that now, does it?", passive-aggressiveness laced my voice as I spoke.

He chuckled in response.

"I mean, we cannn--"

"Venti."

He pouted playfully as he led me around not only Mondstadt the city, but the entire region.

"The knights of Favonius headquarters! Guess who stays here? Right! Acting Grand Master Jean... Well, what do you think of her? Yes, I couldn't agree more: conscientious, courageous... kind and considerate too. Reminds me of another good friend..."

"You didn't even let me answer your questions what do you mea--"

"Albedo is also technically part of the knights-- he's chief alchemist! Hmmm... How do you explain white chalk in black soil, or the earth's dense crust amidst the emptiness of space? Same reason the purest soil gave birth to human life... It's an ancient power with unmistakable properties. Trying to harness it is dangerous indeed, I can't imagine what would happen if someone lost control of it in the city... Ah, never mind! What goes on within Mondstadt's walls is up to Mondstadt's people to deal with!"

I literally didn't understand a word he said.

"You know, while we're on the topic of knights, Diluc is--"

"Diluc literally--"

"I think you should befriend Master Diluc, just think of all the vintage wine he must have stored away.. Well, you are the overseer so maybe he'd give it for free! If he does, can you share?"

What?

Did he just interrupt me?

Isn't he supposed to act all submissive and obedient to me?

I said you can get rid of the titles not the respect you hold for me!-- 

Well.. I guess I don't mind too much.

I actually enjoy that he's not treating me differently.

Literally everything I like about most characters is changing because they view me as some deity...

My lips curve upwards as I continue following him.

He basically just kept repeating his 'About: [Insert Character]' voicelines whenever we passed an area that could be linked to that character.

Like Barbara when we enterred the cathedral, Razor in Wolvendom, Eula in Dragonspine-- why Eula in Dragonspine? How am I supposed to know that?

'Oh, the deaconess with the sweet voice!'

'Raised by wolves..'

'She has excelent taste when it comes to beverages.'

Anyways..

He even brought up some archons. 

'That old blockhead... The geo archon is a brutish blundering buffoon.'

'The pyro archon is a wayward, warmongering wretch!'

'The Raiden Shogun? Her secret weakness is desserts!'

'I get along really well with the dendro archon.'

Though everytime I brought up Celestia his voice glitched and I couldn't understand a word he said and before I could ask him to repeat himself he went all 'That's all I can say, sorry [Name]! It's err.. complicated..'

Like what's that supposed to mean???

"[Name]? Earth to [Name]!"

Oh.

I didn't realise I was zoning out.

"Sorry. What were you talking about?"

"Oh, I was asking how long you're planning to stay at Monstadt!"

"...Ehh, not too long. I think that at--"

[ Error. ]

[ Access denied. ]

[ Knowledge could not be accessed. ]

[ Apologies, reader. It seems we are experiencing a small error. We are trying to fix it. ]

[ Scanning for errors and viruses. ]

[ Scanning for errors and viruses.. ]

[ Scanning for errors and viruses... ]

[ Error found. ]

[ Deleting error. ]

[ Deleting error.. ]

[ Deleting error... ]

[ The error has been found and removed. You shouldn't have any other issues, reader. Deepest apologies for the inconviences. ]

 > [ Restart ]

[ Quit ]

[ Loading. ]

[ Loading.. ]

[ Loading... ]

[ Restarting. ]

> [ Start. ]

[ Enjoy. ]

"I think I'm going to leave Mondstadt in about a week or so."

"WHAT?"

"Huh?"

"So soon? You should stay at Monstadt for a bit longer!"

"Don't worry, I'll come back! I just want to see the other regions."

I saw him roll his eyes before forcing a smile again.

"What region are you planning to go to anyways?"

"Oh, I was planning to ask you for advice."

"Mmm... You should go to..."