"Perhaps a god has the power..." | Chapter Six [Part 2] (1.5)

A sigh of relief escapes my lips as I finally reach my destination.

Dawn winery....

Sure, it's not that far from Mondstadt— the city, not the entire region, of course.

But walking there, hungry and all alone....

It's tiring.

The lunch I had with Fischl, Bennett and Amber wasn't nearly enough to fill me.

Well, it was.... I suppose no meal can keep you full for seven hours...

But just trying to decipher Amy's words was...

Ugghhhhh...

'I must not forget to inform thee of my availability to assist in any inconveniences thou must experience', blah, blah, blah...

And, it was a kind offer that Monstadt's Dark Night Hero and Acting Grand Master extended to me but...

Would've been even kinder if they offered me transportation as well! Ugh....

I waste no time in knocking on the door only to be greeted by Adelinde.

"Y-Your grace! Ah, uhm, my apologies for yelling I just...", she trailed off.

She got on her knees and looked up at me.

"Greetings, your grace. I assume you're here since you received master Diluc's dinner invitation?"

"Indeed."

She nodded understandingly.

"Allow me to guide you to the dinner table.", she got up and leaded me to a dinner table, where Jean and Diluc were already seated.

That wasn't the surprise though.

The surprise was that Rosaria was also there.

The three looked up at me— well the two, Rosaria had to look down at me, since she was standing and DAMN she's so fucking tall!

"Your grace! Y-You've arrived already! Ah-uhm.. we haven't started eating yet, we were simply waiting for you.", the blonde stuttered while fixing her ponytail.

"Your grace, I'm pleased to see you've received my invitation and decided to take me up on my offer.", the redhead politely greeted me.

I nodded and offered my greetings too before turning to Rosaria.

"Don't worry, I'm not here to stay. I was simply... discussing certain matters with these two.", she vaguely explained.

My gaze didn't waver.

"...Do you expect me to also hump your leg like some lost puppy? Prayers aren't really my thing. I think they're rather ridiculous, truth be told."

"Oh?"

"Perhaps a god has the power to protect everyone if they would choose to do so, but that would never happen. Otherwise, people's suffering couldn't ever be taken seriously."

I nod, understanding her viewpoint.

"If it interests you, I do hold admiration and respect for you. I just..."

"I know, I know."

Now it was her chance to look curious.

"I know how you are, Rosaria. I knew you'd be one of the people who doesn't really care about my title. I know your views on religion and prayers... I never expected any of that from you."

She smiled ever so slightly.

"I feel honoured that you'd admire me, even if it was barely."

"..."

"I'm not really one to hold up a conversation, and besides, I have duties to get to. But, if you have some dirty work that needs taking care of, I can lend you a hand. Farewell, [Name]."

My eyes widened.

She's the first to address me by name without me telling her to...

"Farewell, Rosaria.", I grinned.

Shortly after extending her farewell to the blonde and redhead, she left.

"That's the most I've ever seen Rosaria speak..", Jean muttered.

Diluc chuckled lightly.

I sat down to join them.

"So... was there like, something important you wanted to discuss with me orrr.... Did you like... just wanna talk?"

"The latter, your Grace. Nothing in Mondstadt requires your attention.", Diluc explained.

"Oh. Cool."

"Your Grace, Master Diluc, Acting Grand Master Jean, dinner is served.", Adelinde informed us while placing a bunch of plates on the table.

"These are a couple of Mondstadt's delicacies. I hope you enjoy, your Grace!", the blonde fixed her hair once again.

"Great! Cause I am starving!"

Both of them shared a look.

"Sir, did you also ensure wine for their Grace?"

"I told you to stop....", he sighed before continuing, "forget it. Indeed, I ensured the finest of wine."

"'Marvellous, jolly-ho! Someone fetch me the butler!', man do you guys really have to be so well-spoken and formal all the time? I'm struggling to keep up." I practically quoted Paimon.

They both chuckled.

"Well, I am in the presence of the Divine Overseer. It's not strange that I want to seem formal and professional, is it?", the Dark Night Hero grinned.

"Oh, don't worry about the titles. Just refer to me as [Name]!"

"Ah... that's why Rosaria...", the Acting Grand Master muttered.

I nodded smiling.

"But your Grace.... I wouldn't dare refer to you so casually.", Diluc protested.

"Indeed.. I can't—"

I interrupted Jean, "But I'm your creator aren't I?"

They nodded.

"You put me above all else, no?"

Diluc nodded while Jean hesitated before nodding.

"...What makes you hesitate?", the redhead glared.

"...No, I was just thinking about the anemo archon but... Barbatos is second place when it comes to you."

I smiled.

"You wouldn't disobey my commands?"

"Of course not."

"I-I could never!"

"So why can't you obey me and refer to me by name?"

The two fell silent.

"Your Grace, I-"

"[Name]. Not any titles."

"..."

"[N-N-Name].. how.. has your time in Mondstadt been?"

"Great, thanks!"

"Idle chit chat...", Diluc rolled his eyes earning a look from me and Jean.

...