"For All Of Eternity." | Special Chapter

I scribbled on my note cards as the islands got closer in sight.

'start with greeting'

'Continue with some small talk'

'Ask for book recommendations, then give some of your own based on her answers'

And so on..

Maybe some would say it's odd to plan your conversations ahead of time, but this is the Raiden Ei we're talking about here!

She literally spends all her time meditating in the Plane of Euthymia and never comes out and yet she's leaving said plane, just to meet with little, old me.

It's not even like, the Raiden Shogun- that emotionless puppet- it's the actual electro archon herself! Beelzebul, in the flesh!

It has to be perfect.

I can't leave anything to chance.

I researched every restaurant, every bookstore, every desert...

Just to ensure a perfect time with the electro archon.

I even prepared myself for the possibility that her annoying pet might follow us around.

"Land!", I heard one of the irrelevant pirates yell and couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I checked my notecards one last time as I tuned everyone else out.

Just stick to the plan.

I let out a sigh of relief as I got off the ship and was about to check my notecards again untill-

"Your majesty, you've arrived; Her excellency, the Shogun, is awaiting you at the Grand Narukami Shrine. She has requested that I escort you."

Of course she doesn't know the difference between the two of them...

"Ahaha, I get the honor of being escorted by the Kujou Sara?", I forced a sweet smile.

"The honor is all mine, your majesty.", she remained on her knees.

I let out a soft chuckle as I turned around.

"You may rise, Kujou-sama. After all, we mustn't leave her eternal excellency waiting."

"Of course.", she started leading the way to the shrine.

"Sara..."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"Do you think Guuji Yae will be there?"

I heard her grit her teeth, though I pretended not to.

"I'm not sure, your majesty."

I let out a soft hum.

"Here is where I must stop, your majesty."

"Thank you, Kujou-sama, for the delightful conversation and for escorting me."

After wrapping up my conversation with Kujou Sara, I prepare myself to start one with Ei and unfortunately...

"Yae-sama! It's a pleasure to see you again after all this time.", I tried to sound as sweet as possible.

Why should the overseer have to try and keep a good relationship with someone I dislike..

Right..

Ei likes Miko and Miko's her familiar.. If I were to upset or disrespect Yae Miko, her excellency certainly wouldn't be happy..

Besides.. Miko isn't that bad.. She's nice to look at too.. perhaps in some alternative universe, I'd be smitten with her. But knowing she's attracted to her excellency..