Chapter 9

Luna

Luna

It's the next morning. I slept in his bed for a very long time. He had to go out before he even got to sleep. He ordered me food, and left. And he's been out since. I hope he's okay.

I know this is how his nights usually go, and that must explain why his apartment is so untouched and dusty.

I set up my new phone, with all my photos and contacts. And I call him. He answers faster than he ever has.

"What's up Luna?" He says, he sounds busy.

"I'm gonna go see my grandma," I say "is that alright?"

"Course it is, just be careful and don't go to ya place."

"Why not?"

"Well for one ya stuff ain't even there, it's wit me, if you need a change a clothes just take a rack a cash from the house and buy sumn..."

"Okay well...why do you have my stuff anyway?"

"You ain't livin there no more, it's not safe."

I scoff. "So where the fuck I'm gon live?"

"Wit your grandma...or wit me."

"Ight well, I'll see about that," I reply "so, where I'm suppose to find a rack of money around here?"

"Everywhere," he states "I gotta go, but call me if you need anything."

He hangs up. I look around, open a kitchen drawer, sure enough, there's money all over the house.

I take two racks, and my new phone and leave.

On the way to the bus stop that's on this side of town, I buy myself a cute new bag to keep my stuff in.