Side Story - 1

Holy Empire Rubelia

"Boy, what a waste of time. I should ask Litus to help me out with these later."

Resting on her chair, the strongest knight of the human kind sighed helplessly. She was sick of this boring workload.

"Ugh, to think that slime used to go through this everyday. Always finding ways to escape his duties, I kind of get him now."

With another exhausted sigh she gradually stood up and began stretching her upper body into the air.

"This chair needs to be replaced too." she complained and moved the old luxurious-looking chair aside.

Almost dusk. View outside the window with an orange painted sky somehow helped her mind to relax.

Another peaceful day came to an end...

"MISS HINATA!"

...or so she thought.

Giving the intuder most brassed off look, Hinata asked, "What is it this time, Laplace...?"

"Hey, listen to me Captain. I've got my hands on some real piece of information!" He declared in amusement hopping all over the place like a joker.

"Yeah? And what is it?" Despite the lack of interest in Hinata's voice, the clown grinned cheekily.

"Hui hui hui..."

He was definitely upto something.

"Sigh...just be done with it already." Hinata knew it was going to be some kind of nonsense either way, but given Laplace's attitude this time deep down she had been expecting to hear something unexpected.

"Now now, what shall we do? Miss Hinata is never honest."

Laplace casually made a funny gesture with both of his hands on each side. He then began to move his head right and left. 🤷‍♂️

However, this was not a very good idea. It just made the devil in front of him more impatient.

The next moment, a flying saber was spotted mid air about to cut the clown in half.

TING!

"UWAHHH!!" Laplace screamed for his life.

The saber got stuck into the wall barely missing Laplace's precious head leaving a slight cut onto his mask.

"Stop playing around otherwise I won't miss next time."

The warning was heard loud and clear.

"Y-YES MAM!"

(...a few moments later)

"Rimuru did?"

"Yeah. I bribed that big dragon with some books boss had left behind. It was so easy, ya'know."

"That slime. Hopping over all the fun by himself." Hinata clenched her fist. She wanted to experience some adventure too.

"Right? Isn't he supposed to share some joy with us? Like how cruel can he be..." Laplace weeped.

"Laplace."

"Yes mam!"

"Send out the word, we're having an emergency meeting. RIGHT NOW!"

"Aye aye captain!"

'He he he'....a mysterious snicker escaped the clown's mask.

---------------------------------------------------------