Chapter 5

You finish your story with a deep sigh, "And that's how I ended up here..."

Emma's eyes gloss over as she looks at you before she gives you a tight hug, "Emma?" You asked her, confused.

"I didn't know you went through alot..." She frowned. "It's not a lot really... Compared to yours and the others... I think they'll have you sobbing," You chuckled trying to make a joke.

"Yeah but... It looks like you're just burying your trauma..." Emma looked at you in the eye.

You avoided her eyes, "Really, Emma, it's fine. Happens to all of us, you know?"

"But still..." Emma mumbled, trailing off. "If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine. Just know that I'll always be here for you, okay?"

You nodded at her, "Will do." The two of you stayed silent, just enjoying eachother's company after sharing both of your pasts to eachother.

"Aren't you curious?" Emma suddenly asked. "Hm? About what?" You turned to her.

"How long I've been in this manor," Emma smiled. You were surprised she was getting to the point already, and she was quite blunt about it.

"Yeah, I have been..." You nodded at her.

"I may not look like it, but I'm one of the first people here," Emma said. "Along with Mr. Riley, Mr. Kreacher and Emily, " She added.

"Is that so," You hummed at her. She nodded, "And the hunter we always went against was Leo. But as time goes by, alot of hunters and survivors were already here."

"Do you think there's a connection between all of you?" You ask her. "Well, I did know Emily before I came here... Oh and Mr. Kreacher too!" Emma exclaimed.

"Can you tell me how you've met those two?" You asked. "Sure! Emily was like a doctor to me, I also kinda see her as my mother figure..." Emma slightly blushed. "As for Mr. Kreacher... He was the one in charge of the orphanage I went to. I tried to be polite at him since he was the owner of the orphanage and gave us a shelter, food, clothes and water, but to be honest..."

"He didn't treat us right," Emma said looking away. "He was always yelling at us, blaming us, and so on..."

Your eyes narrow before you nod, "It's alright if you don't want to talk about it. I have enough information now, so you don't have to force yourself," You gave her a small smile.

"No, no, it's fine! But I think that is enough for today, huh?" Emma chuckled. You chuckled along with her, "I can't wait to play with you, Emma." You said and lend out a hand for her.

She shook your hand, "Same to you too, Detective!"

"Emma... You don't have to call me by my profession..." You shake your head.

"Sorry, sorry! I just got caught up in the moment!" Emma apologized. You chuckled at her, "Well then, how about we re-do that then?"

"I can't wait to play alongside you, Gardener," You smirked at her. "You too, Detective!" She played along before laughing.

Soon, it was about half an hour just talking with Emma, the survivors must've been finished with eating by now and you decided to bid Emma a goodbye to explore more of the manor.

You went inside the door and begun to make your way back to the library. You opened the door and took out the book you were recently reading.

You were soon finished and as you placed the book on the shelf, the library door opened. You turned to see Eli with Brooke Rose perched on his shoulder.