»𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲 - 𝟯«

In a dim room lit by faint candle light, a lady sat upon her desk. The enigmatic scribbles etched onto the paper were not only incomprehensible, but illegible as well. At least that's what would be seen in the eyes of normal citizens in Teyvat. Well, that is if they were to ever even attempt to comprehend what was written down. You, on the other hand had a perfect understanding of the writings because it was in English.

Writing at this point in time isn't exactly... simple. Why? Well, you can thank the insufferable quill pen. It's a shame that fountain pens are yet to be invented because if it were, life would be a million times easier. And as academically smart as you may be, you are absolutely stupid in this field, rendering you unable to make a pen for yourself.

Just deal with it, you tell yourself mentally.

A knock resonated from the door, causing you to cease your 'work'. Heaving a sigh, you pushed yourself off your chair and away from the desk, stashing the paper you've written on inside a drawer that you made sure to lock.

You've left your room and marched to the front door, unlocking it and taking a small peek outside.

It was one of the fruit vendors from the market yesterday! The question is, what could they possibly be doing here? Spotting another person next to them, you were quite astounded to find two matra with them. What the hell did they need from you?

Spotting you peeking from your door, the vendor immediately pointed at you and exclaimed, "There she is! That's the thief I told you about!"

...

....

What.

Okay, so now you are being accused of theft of all things? Theft? You have endless mora and you're being accused of theft? How ironic.

You stood there, dumbfounded about the entire circumstance. This certainly is interesting, is it not? Oh well, it seems you have to get out of this situation on your own, unless your very own superman comes and saves you from these possible imprisonment.

...

....

Your protagonist skills truly are worthless, aren't they? You don't even have a single idea of how to get your ass out of this troublesome situation.

You decided to fully open your door and just act completely innocent because you are. Why would you steal when you have the infinite mora cheat anyway?

Through gritted teeth, a smile forced its way onto your face. You stepped out of your home and shut the door behind you, "Hello, is there anything you need?", You questioned.

The vendor feigned shock when you stepped out of your home, gasping as if you had just murdered all remaining vaquitas and burned down an orphanage filled with babies. What did you do to receive such a side eye from one of the bystanders?

"Hmph, so it seems you even have the audacity to show your face after what you've done.", They crossed their arms and glared at you. As the scene dragged on, more and more people grew curious and observed what was going on.

What the hell did you even do... Goodness gracious.

"Hah! And you're wondering what you've done?! Playing innocent, are we?", The vendor scoffed at you. It seems you said that out loud, oops.

"Oh no, I'm not playing innocent. After all— I do remember not only paying you in full, but in extra too. I'm currently quite busy, so I'm afraid that you all are being nothing but a bother.", You stated, sighing and shaking your head in faux disappointment. You leaned against your door and stared directly at the vendor's eyes, "But if you keep insisting to make a scene... Well, I'm afraid you aren't only wasting my time but the time of other uninvolved civilians.", Your gaze traveled upon those who were watching you, their eyes turning away once meeting yours.