chapter 8

Warning: Smut

Jennie wakes up to warm lips on her cheek. "Wake up for me, baby." She hears Lisa whisper, another kiss. Jennie peeks her eyes open, blinking her eyes awake. Lisa's the first thing she sees, her eyes glistening in excitement, realizing that Jennie's waking up, her lips spreading into a big smile. "Hi." Lisa greets her, resting her head on Jennie's stomach. "Sorry for waking you up," Lisa pouts. "I kinda missed you a lot." She says shyly.

Jennie's lips form a smile, a chuckle escaping her lips. She reaches for Lisa's face, her thumb caressing her cheek. She should've expected the clinginess from Lisa (not that she was complaining). Lisa was already clingy before they started dating- that is, if this was even considered dating. But with last night's confession still fresh in her mind, Jennie's willing to bet that that was exactly what they were doing.

"You're my other half, Jen."

Who says that without it meaning something deeper? Lisa must feel the connection too.

Jennie keeps the memory treasured in her mind; words that she never thought she'd hear from Lisa, leaving her breathless and tongue-tied. "Morning," Jennie whispers, her voice croaky. She closes her eyes and stretches her arms. "What time is it?" she lets out a long yawn.

"Almost 1pm."

Jennie opens her eyes widely. "1?" She's surprised she slept in so late. It must've been yesterday's events catching up with her body. She shudders at the memory: the panic and fear she felt when she got washed off the surfboard, the waves dragging her away, the water suffocating her. She wills herself to forget the memory.

She pushes herself up on her bed- wait. Bed? When did she-

"I moved you back to the room early in the morning after everyone left," Lisa explains, almost like she read her mind. "Figured you'd sleep better if you were comfortable."

Jennie smiles. "That was very sweet of you." She rests her back against the large headboard, feeling Lisa's gaze burning into her skin. "Do I have something on my face?" She brings her hand to her face consciously.

Lisa chuckles, shaking her head. "No," Lisa takes Jennie's hands in hers, kissing the back of her hand. "You just look beautiful."

Jennie blushes, her heart skipping a beat. "Oh. Thank you." She feels giddy, almost like a teenager. She hates that it makes her just the tiniest bit awkward and shy. She's not used to this, it's new territory; a dream she never thought would come true. Yet here she is, waking up to Lisa, who's staring at her like she's the only thing that exists in the world. She takes a moment to admire Lisa. The Thai girl's wearing a purple sports bra and black shorts riding up just a little beneath her belly button, her hair tied up in a ponytail, face bare.

"Did you go jogging?" she asks, cocking an eyebrow up at her. She lets her eyes drink her up, admiring her toned figure. She'd give anything to drag her tongue down her toned stomach toward her-

-She quickly snaps herself out of that image. Of course Lisa would get her flustered first thing in the afternoon.

Lisa shakes her head. "Went to the gym while you slept. Figured you weren't going to wake up anytime soon so I killed some time." She explains, rubbing Jennie's hands in hers. "How are you feeling?" Lisa asks.

"I'm feeling a lot better. I think I have my strength back."

Lisa's face relaxes, relief flashing through her eyes. "That's good," She rests her cheek on the back of Jennie's hand. "I'm glad."

Jennie lets out a weak chuckle. "I really scared you, didn't I?" She still recalls the pure look of terror on Lisa's face, her trembling body. And throughout the night, Lisa hadn't been as discreet as she thought. Jennie felt Lisa stealing glances at her, her fingers pressed against her wrist every now and then.