chapter 6

TW: homophobic language, alcohol use & some smut

Lisa's eyes flutter open, waking up to the heat of the sun on her face. She blinks her tiredness away and pats the bed for her phone.

6:47

Damn. She's up before her alarm. That's new.

She switches her alarms off and places her phone down, allowing herself to soak the heat of the sun. Being back has been nice. Nostalgic, even. Though the resort has gone through many renovations, it still brings her the same comfort it did when she was younger.

Lisa stretches her legs and her arms, a small grunt escaping her lips as she shuts her eyes tight.

She should get up soon. She has a long day ahead of her, spending some quality time with her parents and working on a small project with her dad.

Lisa turns her head to the side, and opens her eyes, a smile creeping up her lips at the sight: A peaceful Jennie, sleeping soundly, facing her. Her pink eye mask barely covered her eyes. It must've moved out of place throughout the night. Her head rests on the back of her hand, her other hand stretched out towards Lisa.

Jennie's eyes suddenly twitch, her red lips forming a pout. "Bright," she whispers, still half asleep, irritated by the light from the sun kissing her face. She watches as Jennie pats her head for the eye mask. Lisa chuckles, helping her pull the eye mask down. Jennie relaxes, her breathing getting heavy again as she falls deeper into sleep.

Lisa's fingers linger a little longer on the eye mask. Her smile falters. She gently drags her fingertips down Jennie's cheek, careful not to wake her up.

Flashbacks of the night before start flooding her mind.

What was that?

She had flirted with her and called her beautiful.

That wasn't entirely different. She'd always known Jennie was beautiful. It's a fact. Growing up, she'd always tease her about it, showering her with compliments just to make her smile.

But she can't deny the charge of electricity she felt between them— the sudden shift. Now that part, that part was different. It's been frequent too— at least, it has been for the past few days. The staring, the attraction—

Her fingers stop just above Jennie's lips.

She had almost kissed her. She had wanted to do it too. She wanted to kiss her; wanted to taste her; wanted to feel her lips on hers.

There was something there. She felt it. Like a magnet, drawing her in— and she wanted to surrender. She wanted to be pulled in.

But she can't. She shouldn't.

She takes her hand away from Jennie's face.

It's wrong.

Lisa sighs and rolls herself out of bed. She sits down on the edge of the bed, her face in her hands.

Jennie Kim is her best friend, the person she's grown up with, the person she's envisioned she'd grow older with; her and Jennie side by side, through thick and thin. She can't jeopardise any of that over a simple attraction.

Their friendship means more to her than whatever else the world has to offer. A life without Jennie is a life she cannot ever bare to live.

Plus, Lisa was already destined to someone else. And that's good. It's everything she's been wanting and waiting for her whole life. And for it to be the person she's crushing on? It's a fairytale come true.

She walks over to the restroom, and turns the shower on. She strips her clothes off and hops into the shower, the heat of the water relaxing her body. She closes her eyes as the warm water splashes onto her face. Images of Jennie's face close to hers begin flooding her mind, bringing her back to last night. Their noses touching, lips almost brushing. The scent of Jennie's cherry lip balm radiating from her lips and fuck, she wanted nothing more than to taste it.