Chapter 13- Separation

"It's time to end this."

Lynn walked up from the holding cells, the kiss she gave Hotchner fading to the back of her mind as she focused on the thought of finding Kevin. Anthony Hollar would not take another one of her loved ones.

"Officer Nash, the Sheriff is at large," she started explaining the identity of the unsub to her coworkers in the station, releasing an APB to Leweys and the nearby towns to be on the lookout. Not that they assumed Hollar would leave Leweys- it had been his "hunting" grounds, his comfort zone for so long, he was sure to end the whole thing here in Leweys. But where would he take Kevin? And did Kevin even know that the Sheriff was dangerous? He could have gone willingly, thinking the Sheriff was enough protection against the unknown subject at the time.

"Garcia," Morgan held the phone in front of them on speaker, "does Anthony Hollar own any land or properties in the town?"

"Checking now... no he does not."

"No cabins? Hunting sheds? Storage units, RV's?-"

"Nope, just his home on 21 Willow Lane."

"We'll clear it, but I doubt he's going to hole up there."

"He might if he knew we weren't onto him."

Reid shook his head, "He must know from the police radio."

"You, Morgan, and Prentiss will clear it out. JJ, stay here in case we receive any leads or if he ends up returning for Paul. Rossi, Lynn, and I will patrol and look for any places he may have used to hide in town. It's time for us to move, the quicker we find Kevin, the greater chance he lives..." Hotchner paused and glanced at Lynn before continuing, "And no one goes in pairs of two. It won't keep him from wanting to perform his ritual, but it's better to throw him off somehow."

Lynn held her pistol in her holster, ready to kill him if need be, but finding him was going to be the problem.

They separated into their cars, each going in their own groups, but Lynn felt like Kevin and the Sheriff could have been anywhere in Leweys. They were surrounded by thick woods and sky-darkening mountains. He knew how to survive in the wilderness or at least subdue Kevin somewhere secluded.

She was wide-awake, though she had little sleep the past few days. The adrenaline and fear of another murder forced her to stay alert, though the air grew colder and the wind foretold of a storm coming. Just what they needed. A standard autumn mountain storm while they tried to catch the unsub on the run.

They drove down the main street, passing by one of the few patrol cars they had available to look for the Sheriff as well. The town looked emptier to her. People were going inside and staying inside, knowing that thunder would arrive soon over the storm-darkened streets of the town. Leaves blew around, making the diner seem like a relic from the past- which it was, but less lively.

No sign of foul play in the street, nothing of Kevin's or the Sheriff's out in the open.

"Is there any place that only local hunters know? Sheds, waypoints in the woods outside of town?" Rossi questioned her, bringing her back to the car ride.

"I know of one, but Mike would know most, if not all, of them. I'll contact him now," she dialed her Uncle, who was really her biological uncle after all, and asked him the same questions.

"Yes, but they are very out of the way, you won't reach them by car."

"Would you be able to guide us? Point them out on a map?"

"Yes, I'll go to the station right away."

She hung up and looked at Hotchner for guidance, "Is that good?"