Chapter 16- The End of it All...

A/N : TW: contains violence, swearing, cutting, non-explicit noncon touching, blood.

The first cut had made her scream.

The second one made her bite her lip until it bled, the bitter iron taste dripping into her mouth.

The third made her vision go fuzzy, and the whole room began to spin, and looking to the side, she could see Kevin, tied to an upside down chair- or was she the one upside down? Her neck strained as she turned her head away from the Sheriff, trying to distance herself from the knife that was sliding up and down her body- and her vision happened to land on Kevin.

All the muscles in her body cramped as she tried to squirm out from under his hold, but the cords at her wrists kept her locked in place underneath the older man straddling her legs.

She had tried to kick up at him before he could get on top of her, with a curved game knife in his thick fingers, but his weight held her down. She had moved around underneath him after he cut open her shirt and bra, leaving her torso exposed for him to carve, and she couldn't stop the tears when he made that first cut, her body going still from the fear and the sharp pain, completely powerless to stop him.

He had told her what he'd do to her, what he'd do to Kevin after- how he'd take his time carving her like the animal she was, how he'd make it last, but the graphic descriptions of him digging around in her insides floated around in her mind and became a webbed net of words that she couldn't decipher.

Now all she could understand and see was her upside-down view of Kevin, who was unable to look away, close to hyperventilating as the color red dominated the scene before him.

She pleaded with her eyes- Break the straps holding you down, Kevin! Break the goddamn chair! Anything to stop the knife from opening her up- but he was frozen in place, unable to look away from her twisted expression of pain, bloody mouth agape.

Anthony paused for a moment. He would do that at times, to let her have a brief minute to shake under him, her body trying to adjust to the pain, watch her muscles spasm- but then he would start to work on her again with the blade. Sometimes he dragged it along the main line he had made, going up from the top of her womb, up her stomach and diaphragm and to right above her rib cage. Sometimes he nicked her shoulders and arms, her hips, laughing when her body jolted under the blade's touch.

Lynn remembered the brainstorming, the pictures of victims on a board and the BAU, discussing what kind of unsub the Sheriff was- nothing could prepare her for being in the grasps of the sadistic psychopath Anthony Hollar turned out to be.

"-so much better than Jennifer."

His voice pulled her back to the present, and she whimpered as his hands smeared the blood all over her torso, feeling her up.

An icy pit formed in her stomach- they never knew what he did to her old classmate before she died, only how he had killed her. As his rough hands roamed around her flesh and enjoyed seeing the blood smear all over, her hands clenched. This was not going to happen. Not to her. Not to Kevin. She would return to Paul alive.

Watching his greedy gaze remain stuck on the mess he'd made, she finally reached over to the cord attached to the single lamp on the small table next to her. Her fingers grazed the cord, and before Anthony could register what she was attempting to do, the wire was in her grasp, and she yanked it as far as she could with her restrained wrists.

The fire started when the old bulb and fixture broke on the floor, shattering on the wood. Sparks splashed around to meet the tattered rug, which quickly fed the flames that were then hungry for the sheets on her bed.