1 | One day.

(Dont ask me why this took so long i got invested in TotK, i started this at like 11pm like on wednesday or something and now its 5:30 on a SUNDAY. Also yes this is like 4000 words no idk why, and before i get asked yes i ddi refrance a scene from the first episode of the SMB3 show)

A long while ago, the songs of a ticking clock, clinks and clanks of a hammer, the twists of a wrench, and the clicks of buttons were all that filled the room. It wasn't a dark room, but it was a dim one. The floors were tiles of metal sheets, the walls were practically soundproof, you could hear the outside world but not what came from within the room, yet a boy sto2od, twisting away at a machine he was certain would work, goggles over his eyes and a lab coat as not to damage his golden scale covered skin, yet the lab coat itself was practically ripped at the seams, crudely sewn together by the messy haired child at work. "Hmm… almost done!" His creaky voice spoke, taking a glance at his reflection in the shiny silver metal. "Surely this one will work right, Kooks? Y'know what, don't doubt yourself! You got this!" Kooky laughed to themself, his creaky voice contrasting the ticking of the clock that loosely hung on the wall to his left.

"KOOKY! OPEN THE DOOR!" A voice shouted, a cranky, crackly, feminine voice, as they banged on the door. Kooky walked over, wrench in hand, opening it widely after unlocking the homemade lock he made for it, besides a boy needs his privacy right?

"KP? Whaddya want?" Kooky asked, 

His sister, Kootie-Pie Koopa stood in the door, "King dad wanted me to let you know it's almost time for dinner, so hurry up with your dumb machine!" She walked off, back up the old stone stairs outside the of the door, 

"Ya can't rush genius, Gwehehe!" Kooky laughed again, going right back to his work. 

The 'dumb' machine he was making was a teleporter, one he could hopefully use to his, and his family's advantage against the Mario Brothers, the dumb shroom and Princess Toadstool, this would be an easy feat for him, I mean for crying out loud, he made time travel! It should be easy… or so he thought. It took some time, clinking his hammer, searing parts together using a hot iron, even screwing things in and out and twisting and turning later- he FINALLY finished! 

"Surely it didn't take that long…" Kooky thought to himself, but yet when they looked up at the clock…

Five minutes until dinner, "Well shit."

He wouldn't have enough time to truly test the machine AND make it for dinner! Nonetheless if he was late his father, King Koopa, would be very… very upset with him, again.

Yet Kooky and their genius brain had an idea! "Why don't I just test it now, then write what happened at dinner!" Kooky exclaimed, patting himself on the back after "Man what would I do without me!" He chuckled to himself, punching in the coordinates to the dining room, surely such a genius should make an extraordinary entrance!

He watched as the machine powered on, emitting a neon blue glow, clutching his notebook that was filled with blueprints and ideas for inventions, Kooky, without another thought stepped through the machine. Everything felt a little woozy once he stepped out, they felt just slightly light headed as he stepped out.

He shook his head aggressively, trying to shake the feeling, then he looked around

This… this wasn't the dining room? This wasn't even DarkLand! Kooky turned around, trying to go back through by right as he turned

The portal back vanished.

"Uh oh." Kooky huffed, "Where… where am I?" He spoke to himself, a question he couldn't answer yet.

There was a castle off in the distance, far ahead, so Kooky had set forth, at this rate he was definitely going to be late for dinner. 

A droplet hit their shoulder,