Ch. 3 - A Friend Or Foe?

TW: Mild cursing (Nothing big, just thought I'd put it here)

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for visiting and we hope you enjoyed the show! Freddy and the gang are pretty tired, but they'll be back again next week after a few days of scheduled maintenance! Please make your way to the front of the building where you will be given novelty glasses, a voucher for one free soda refill, and where you will sign a legal disclaimer releasing us of all liability for anything that might have happened during your visit. Have an awesome night, and we'll see you again soon."

Screams and shouts were everywhere. Ranging from toddlers to even adults.

Parents trying to find their children amongst the crowd. 12-year-old girls shrieking dramatically. And people trying to make their way to the exit.

Some were coming out from the attractions, in which the crowd grew even more. With the limited amount of space in the elevators for the exit, there were many pushing and shoving just to earn a spot to safety.

Impatiently, people argued about who was to go next on the elevator. Stupid, isn't it? They didn't care. As long as them and their children were out safely, they will secure a spot on that stupid elevator.

(Y/n) held on to Santi's hand for dear life as he navigated them through the crowd of people. They bumped into people so many times that the child was afraid they'd lose their wristband at that rate.

. . .

Oh no

Looking down at their wrist, their eyes widened.

"My wristband! San-!!" (Y/n) was cut off when they bumped into another person, earning a grunt from the child.

"Kids! C'mon! We have to go!" Yelled their mother once they got close enough. Their parents hastily ushered them towards the elevator, lining up along the other people.

Their father was able to push them all in the front of the line for the elevator, earning them a spot. Many complaints came from some people directed towards the four.

Which they paid no attention to.

The silver doors closed in on them. The slightest amount of movement caused discomfort and akward shuffling amongst the crowded elevator. An upbeat and cheerful theme played in the elevator, contrasting the nerve-wracking atmosphere.

Once the doors opened, the four felt pushing and shoving from behind them. Getting to step out of the elevator first, (Y/n)'s parents ushered the 2 minors down the stairs and to the gates.

Rolling up their sleeves, everybody scanned their wristband onto the gage thing and was able to get to the doors of the entrance. (Y/n) looked at everybody's wristband, and realization hit them again.

"My wristband! I don't have it!" Shrieked the child in panic.

"What do you mean, love?" Asked their mother.

"I-I don't know! It fell off or something!"

The parents look at each other, mortified. Now, what? Their child wouldn't be able to exit out of the plex without their wristband.

The child's mother noticed the teenager monitoring the frantic people that were desperately trying to get out of the pizzaplex. She walked over to the boy, catching his attention.

"Excuse me?"

The boy looked at her boredly. He had disheveled dirty blonde hair that looked almost untamed. He also had bags under his brown eyes, indicating this guy was so over life.