Chapter 6

..................

Vincenzo's POV

I was so happy my daughter was with me now. My heart feels almost complete now. Things had changed drastically following Bella's disappearance with Amora. All dreams of spoiling a little princess were shattered for everyone.

The adults were heartbroken but managed to get a grip on themselves, but the boys took it harder which was expected. They lost their sister and their mother. At a growing age, a mother is the most important thing a child could need. A little part of me agreed with what Bella did, but every time I saw the conditions of my house, my family, my sons, the bigger part of me just blamed everything on her.

But now she was here. But the why and the how told me a lot of things. If Bella died at the hands of the people in my mind, it means the danger on Amora isn't gone yet. This time, I'm going to protect her. The pain my entire family went through was because Bella thought she would be safer away from here. I will we damned if I let everything my sons went through just for her to come and die here.

I looked at her and she looked so amazed to see the mansion. If only she knew she had so much more waiting for her. So much more she had missed out on.

"Shall we go in?" I smiled at her.

She broke out of her trance and nodded. We walked in and down the corridor. I saw her gaze roaming through the pictures on the wall. Pictures of the entire Visconti family. Of the boys growing up. "Sweetheart, wait here until I call your brothers down okay? Come in when I call you."

She looked at me unsurely but eventually nodded her head with a smile.

"Boys! In the living room, now!" I yelled. As I waited I heard the several footsteps climbing down the stairs.

"Hey dad. Is everything alright?" I heard one of them ask as they spilled inside the room.

"Yeah. You suddenly flew to god knows where and then you asked us to clean an extra room." I heard my fourth son, Kayden, continue.

"Yes. Everything is fine. Perfect actually." I beamed.

They looked surprised and then at each other. "Why? What happened?" Ivan smiled curiously.

"I got a call last night. From Vancouver," I began. I saw them frown in question but they let me finish. "It was a social worker."

"Why would a social worker from Vancouver call you?" Kieran, my second oldest asked confusedly.

"Because a homicide occurred, in which your mother died, leaving your sister in our care." It took only one second for them to freeze. I don't know if they even focused on the part that their mother died and their sister is back or if it was just a reaction after hearing of them.

Bella and Amora were always a sore topic in this house. She may have been the happiest thing in our lives but in her absence, she became the saddest memory.

"You mean we found her and she is going to be living with us?" Ivan broke out of his thoughts first causing the others to look at me with a little fear, a little hope expecting to actually find her this time.

"Yes. To both of that." I answered slowly. To let in sink.

"Is that where you went? To get her?" Kayden asked, his legs bouncing up and down. It's something he always did when he was anxious.

I nodded.

"Where is she now then?" Kieran asked. His eyes teared up. He looked around, "is she outside?"

"She is looking at the pictures. I will go get her."

When I saw her, she had a frame off the wall and in her hands. It was a picture of me, her and her mom. When she was baby.