Two

Without Rin's help, Sae was forced to search for this new girl all by herself. She tried skulking around in the woods where the smokers went, but had no success and was only really risking her own reputation and squeaky clean detention record, so she gave up. Nobody knew this girl, apparently.

She could have asked the office, but hadn't quite reached that level of desperation when she stumbled upon her in the fitness center the school offered on its lower level. She knew of the school's fitness center, as previous captains had often cast girls down to it if they were slacking in skills or gaining too much weight too fast. But seeing as she'd never found herself in either of those circumstances and the Itoshi's had a home gym, she'd never stepped foot in it.

She did know that all students, athletes or not, could use the gym, and that had been the knowledge that had brought her down here. That ass had been insane, after all. Sae hadn't been able to stop thinking about it.

The new girl was at the leg press. In nothing but a bright pink sports bra and matching tiny shorts. No body insecurity, Sae couldn't help but think. That's a good sign. Not that she needed any. The evidence of her athleticism was even more blatant than it had been in the school uniform.

Her thighs were massive and solid, barely even straining as they continually pressed what Sae guessed must have been more than she herself weighed. Even though they weren't doing anything but holding onto the handles, she could see the way her shoulders and biceps bulged. And even reclined and leaned back, Sae only confirmed what she already knew. She was tall.

All she really did was watch for a while. It's not like the girl noticed. She couldn't help it. It was infecting her mind. The way she could picture herself lifted by those arms, falling into them with perfect precision, no risk, the solidity this girl could add with those legs, that core. The perfect third, truly. Better than Rin, even. Everything Sae had been looking for. Everything she deserved.

Eventually, it came time to stop watching and actually recruit this girl. She didn't have the same type of obligation to recruit girls, her being the captain and all, but if she could recruit someone of her own caliber for her own stunting group, she was hardly above it. Besides, every girl wanted to be a cheerleader.

It was unclear how Sae hadn't noticed prior, but it struck her as odd that this girl didn't tie her hair up before coming down here. It was damp with sweat like the rest of her, but her blonde and pink hair fell off the sides of the head rest unapologetically, held out of her face by a thin black headband and chunky white headphones. She also hadn't bothered to wipe her eye makeup off, none of which had moved, not a single smudge, no sparkle out of place. That too was a good sign, Sae told herself.

The girl finally noticed her. She set the weight to resting position, kicked her legs over the bench, crossing them at the ankles, and took her headphones off.

"Hi, little Itoshi," she greeted her. Sae didn't know how she knew this, beyond a blatant resemblance to Rin, but it annoyed her more than she cared to admit. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I'm older than Rin," Sae said, crossing her arms across the front of her cheerleading uniform.

"I said little, not junior." The girl shrugged a little. "Are you friendlier too?"

"Depends," Sae answered.

"On what?" the girl asked.

She tilted her head to the side on the head rest a little. It unsettled Sae a little, how this girl watched her. She was used to having the upper hand. She claimed it early and maintained the grip. For the first time, she didn't find it so easy to do. That being said, she didn't often want, or need rather, anything from anyone. She was usually the one with opportunities and grace and whatever else anyone wanted to hand out at her leisure.