Chapter 7: Coming of Age: Kitana

Inside of the Shokan palace in Outworld, Kitana and the Manados stand before Queen Sheeva, who is seated on a giant throne that seems a bit small for her.

"You are passionate, Princess Kitana. But... I am not persuaded." Sheeva says.

"Queen Sheeva, haven't your people fared better under Kotal Kahn than Shao Kahn?" Kitana asks.

"In some ways. But we can only guess which Kahn will prevail in this struggle. We gain no advantage, choosing sides now." Sheeva explains.

Hearing this, the older Manado holds his hands onto his face, his fingers rubbing his eyes.

"This is gonna be tougher than I thought." Manado says to himself.

As she talks, two Shokan guards escort Liu Kang and Kung Lao into the throne room.

"Princess!" Younger Liu Kang calls out.

Kitana and the Manados turn to face him.

"Liu Kang? Why are you here?" Kitana asks.

"Kotal Kahn has been captured by the Tarkatans. We must act quickly, before he is executed." Younger Liu Kang explains.

Upon hearing this news, Sheeva rises from her seat.

"My people will not rally to a Kahn held in chains." Sheeva says.

Kitana then motions to the Shaolin Monks.

"We have Earthrealm's support, your Highness. With yours, we can guarantee victory." Kitana says.

"There is no path to victory without the Tarkatans. If they can be swayed to Kotal Kahn, it would be to our advantage to join him." Sheeva explains.

"I will return, Queen Sheeva, with the Tarkatans at my side. Together we will march on Shao Kahn." Kitana promises.

Later at the Tarkatan campsite, Kollector, flanked by two Tarkatans, walks past a prisoner cart. The Tarkatans are dragging the unconscious body of Kotal Kahn behind them by his feet. The cart is opened up and the Tarkatans unceremoniously dump Kotal in the back. The door slams shut as Kotal wakes up and pulls himself up to his feet.

Next to another cart full of prisoners, Shao Kahn stands with Skarlet. They both watch two more Tarkatans dragging a struggling Jade into a nearby tent and start walking to the tent themselves.

"What is it about Jade's blood that intrigues you, Skarlet?" Shao Kahn asks.

"Edenian blood is most sweet, your Excellency. It is also a rare commodity." Scarlet explains.

Behind them, the carts of prisoners begin to ride off. Shao Kahn stops and turns back to the carts as Skarlet walks into the tent.

On a cliff overseeing the Tarkatan camp. Kitana, Liu Kang, Kung Lao and the Manados step to the edge, alongside some Outworld horses and a couple of Kotal's scouts. They look out across the camp, easily spotting the large procession of Shao Kahn's forces and the prisoner carts they escort.

"Where are they taking him?" Liu Kang asks.

"To the Koliseum, no doubt." Kitana replies.

"Then we attack now." Kung Lao says.

"That won't help our cause, Kung Lao." Manado points out.

"Manado's right. We'll never sway Baraka to Kotal's side by taking the offensive. We must turn Baraka first, then attack Shao Kahn together." Kitana says.

Below them, the cart with Kotal loaded in it leaves the campsite.

"The Tarkatans won't grant an audience. Their instinct will be to attack." Kung Lao points out.