Chapter 3

Just wanted to say that the picture above is not mine. I'm not sure who drew it, but it was not me. Hope you enjoy the chapter!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) opened her umbrella a split second before Sammy had the door open, blocking any sunlight from coming in contact with her skin.

"So, what do you want to do, Sammy?" (Y/N) asked.

"Well, Jack and I had talked about playing hide and seek, but I know that's hard for you to do with your umbrella," Sammy replied, looking at the large umbrella that circled his sister's head.

"We can still play hide and seek. It's not too sunny out here, and there are plenty of shadows for me to hide in."

"Ok! I'll be the counter!" Sammy volunteered, jumping around. (Y/N) nodded and took hold of Sammy's shoulders, spinning in many circles.

"Alright, Sammy. Count to ten while Jack and I hide," (Y/N) said as she released Sammy. Sammy had to hold on to a nearby tree to keep his balance, but, after a moment, started counting.

Jack hid behind a tall, wide tree, so, even with his height, he could not be seen. He saw (Y/N) crouch behind a short, shaded shrub a little farther right to his hiding spot. It was much shorter than her, but he figured it was the only place she could hide behind and put her umbrella down.

"Eight...Nine...Ten! Ready or not, here I come!" Sammy exclaimed, uncovering his eyes and beginning his search. He checked behind the house, behind their shed, and he checked behind many trees until he finally came upon Jack's hiding place.

"Ha! I found you, Jack! Now, where's (Y/N)? Can you help me, Jack?" Sammy pleaded. Jack shook his head.

"Sorry, kiddo, but you're it. I can't just give her hiding place away. That would be cheating," Jack said. Sammy grumbled.

"Fine, but can you at least follow me?"

"Sure! As long as I don't give her away, then I see no problem with it." Sammy smiled. He then began his search for (Y/N). He looked behind more trees, twice behind the house, and in the shed, but he couldn't find her.

"She has to be around here somewhere. Where could she be?" Sammy said. Although Jack couldn't exactly tell Sammy where (Y/N) was, he could give him hints.

"You know she can only hide in shaded areas, Sammy. She wasn't that far away from my hiding spot. You could look around there," Jack suggested. Sammy's face lit up.

"Thanks, Jack!" Sammy ran over to the tree Jack had been hiding behind and started looking. It didn't take long for him to find (Y/N) hiding behind her shrub.

"Finally! I found you! You're it now, (Y/N)," Sammy said. A thought suddenly hit Jack. She couldn't see him.

"Um, Sammy? Can I talk to you again in private?" Jack asked.

"Sure, Jack! I'll be right back, (Y/N). Don't start counting." (Y/N) nodded in agreement and waited for Sammy's return. Jack pulled Sammy to a nearby tree.

"Sammy, she can't see me. How is she going to find me if she can't see me?"

"Why can't she see you? I can see you. I thought you only hid from my parents," Sammy said, confused.

"I don't let people that I don't know see me, Sammy. They might not let you be around me anymore," Jack explained.

"(Y/N) would never take you away from me, Jack. You can trust her."

"How about this, we wait until Friday so I can get more comfortable around her, and then I'll let her see me. Does that sound good?"

"Ok. I'll tell her. When she tries to find you, I'll help her. Now, go hide." Jack nodded in agreement and went to find a hiding place.

"(Y/N)? I know you can't see Jack, so I'll help you find him once you find me. Ok?" Sammy asked.

"Sure, Sammy. That sounds like a good idea. Now, run off before I start counting." Sammy obeyed and ran away from her. He found a pile of wood, and jumped behind it. As (Y/N) finished counting, Sammy ducked his head behind the wood.

"Come out, come out wherever you are, Sammy. You too, Jack," (Y/N) called as she looked around various objects. She stopped when she saw a piece of green fabric sticking out behind the wood pile.

"Where could he be?" (Y/N) teased as she slowly approached the wood. "I bet he's right...here!" (Y/N) jumped behind the pile, scaring Sammy half to death.

"(Y/N)! You scared me!" Sammy panted while (Y/N) laughed. He wasn't mad at her though, he was actually happy. He had made her laugh, something she didn't do often.

"Now, let's go find Jack! I'll help you, since you can't see him. Ok?"

"Alright, Sammy." With that, they took off looking behind everything for the monochrome clown. Sammy finally saw a black and white cone nose poking out from behind a bush. He ran over and grabbed Jack.

"Found you! I found him, (Y/N)!" Sammy exclaimed happily.

"Great job, Sammy!" (Y/N) congratulated as they made their way back to their counting spot. "You're really good at this ga-" Suddenly, (Y/N) tripped over an uprooted tree root and fell face first onto the ground, knocking her umbrella out of her hand. Luckily, most of her body was shaded. Her left arm wasn't so lucky. She let out a shriek full of pain. Sammy was at her side in an instant.

"(Y/N)?! Are you alright?!" Sammy asked frantically, trying to calm his howling sister who was currently rolling on the ground and clutching her arm.

"I-I'll be fine, S-Sammy," (Y/N) whimpered between groans, trying to put him at ease. Shakily, she climbed to her feet and held onto his shoulder. "Do you mind if we go inside for awhile, Sammy? I need to fix my arm."

"Of course, (Y/N). We can play again some other time." They walked back into the house and went to Sammy's bedroom door.

"You go ahead into your room, and I'll go fix myself up. Ok, Sammy?" (Y/N) said, still clutching her burned arm to her chest.

"Are you sure, (Y/N)? I mean, I could help if you want me to."

"That's alright, Sammy. I can take care of it. You go on to your room. I'll be there in a few minutes." With that, (Y/N) disappeared into the darkness of her room, closing and locking the door behind her.

"I hope she's ok," Sammy told Jack as they sat on his bed. "The last time she burned herself, she had to have a wrap around her leg for a week. I hope it's not that bad."

"I'm sure she'll be fine. She's seems pretty capable of fixing herself," Jack assured. From what he had seen and heard of the girl, he was confident in what he said. Burning herself that badly and then taking care of herself with no help? She hadn't even shed a tear. She'd been trying to comfort Sammy, and he hadn't even been the one who had gotten hurt.

Later that night, when everyone had finished taking their showers and putting on their night clothes, Sammy was lying in bed, the covers around his ankles. (Y/N) entered his room and smiled at him.

"Are you ready for me to tuck you in?" (Y/N) asked, sitting beside him on the bed. She had wrapped her arm in white gauze, but some red still peeked through.

"Yeah!" Sammy exclaimed. (Y/N) smiled and pulled the covers up to his chin, tucking them in. She then placed a small kiss on his brow.

"Goodnight, Sammy. I love you." (Y/N) then turned off the light and walked to the door.

"Goodnight, (Y/N). I love you too," Sammy called as (Y/N) walked out of his room, shutting the door behind her.

Jack had stood in the corner, watching the whole display of affection before him. (Y/N) really was a good sister, no matter how she looked. He liked that.

"Goodnight, Jack. I'll see you in the morning," Sammy called, snapping Jack out of his reverie. He turned to the boy and smiled.

"Goodnight to you too, Sammy." With that, Sammy curled up in the covers and drifted of to sleep. Jack laid down in the sleeping bag Sammy had laid out for him and drifted off into his own slumber.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Notes: I know that Laughing Jack probably wasn't in this as much as you would have liked, but he'll play a big part in the next chapter. I promise. Please review and tell me what you thought. I hope you enjoy the chapter!!