Chapter 9

Just wanted to say that the picture above is not mine. I'm not sure who drew it, but it was not me. Hope you enjoy the chapter!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, (Y/N) jolted awake. She tried to sit up, but something was holding her down. Looking beside her, she saw Laughing Jack laying curled around her protectively.

Feeling movement, Jack's eyes opened. When he saw that is was only (Y/N), he calmed down and gave her small smile.

"Hey (Y/N). How are you feeling?" Jack asked.

Suddenly, (Y/N) bursted into tears. Jack's eyes went wide in concern.

"Gumdrop, what's the matter?" Jack comforted, pulling her closer to him.

"I-I'm a monster, Jack! Didn't you see me? I was crazy! I am crazy! What I did to them....it was horrible! I could have hurt Sammy! What was I thinking?" (Y/N) sobbed, putting her head in her hands.

"No you're not, (Y/N). You were being completely rational. You did what needed to be done. Sammy wouldn't be alive right now if you hadn't intervened."

"Y-You really think so, J-Jack?" (Y/N) asked, slowly raising her head.

"Of course I do. Now come on. Let's get Sammy and go downstairs," Jack suggested, helping her stand.

After waking up Sammy, and then letting them both prepare for the day, Jack led them down the stairs and to the living room, where a few strange looking people sat on a couch.

"You'll never win, scar-face! I'm the best there ever was!" A blonde haired boy shouted at the person opposite him.

"In your dreams, elf!" A boy with white skin and black hair yelled back. The thing about him that shocked them both was that he had cuts up both sides of his mouth, resembling a smile.

"Don't mind them. They get very competitive when it comes to their video games," Jack explained, leading them away from the living room and into the kitchen.

As they walked in, Jack saw Slenderman seated by the table, reading a newspaper. Jack slowly led them to him.

"Hello, Jack. How are you this morning?" Slenderman asked, laying his paper down.

"I'm alright. You wished to see how these two were doing, didn't you?"

"Yes, I did. Come here, children." After Slenderman had inspected each wound, he sat them around the dinner table. Laughing Jack took a chair beside (Y/N).

"Now, I here you two will be joining us here for quite some time. I will have rooms prepared for each of you. Jack has already told me of your preferences for decoration. They should be ready within the week. In the meantime, you two will be staying in Jack's room. That should be all. If either of you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. I must be off now, so I will bid you all a good morning." As the three were about to exit the kitchen, Slenderman grabbed hold of (Y/N)'s arm. "May I speak to you in private, (Y/N)?"

"S-Sure," (Y/N) replied, walking over to the door with him.

"Dear, I know that you're a vampire, but don't worry, you will be welcomed with open arms here. I will make sure to it. I promise." With that, Slenderman released (Y/N). She quickly made her way back over to Jack and Sammy.

"Well, how about I introduce you two to a few of the other guys," Laughing Jack suggested, leading them both into the living room. "The short, blonde kid on the couch there is BEN."

"Hey! I'm not a kid!" The Link look-alike yelled, not once taking his eyes from the TV screen.

"That's Jeff," Jack said, pointing at a sheet white boy playing video games with the elf kid.

"Hi," the boy said, quickly knocking the controller from BEN.

"Let's continue our tour and leave these two animals alone," Jack suggested, pushing Sammy and (Y/N) out of the living room.

For the rest of the day, Laughing Jack took them through the entire mansion, showing them every room and introducing them to the different residents.

Later that night, after Sammy was tucked into bed, Laughing Jack crawled into the sleeping bag next to a depressed (Y/N).

"What's the matter, lollipop?" Jack asked, spooning her from behind and wrapping his long arms around her.

"I don't belong here, Jack. I don't belong anywhere. You, those other people downstairs, you are all special. I'm just a monster," (Y/N) said, tears running down her face. Jack sighed.

"(Y/N), we talked about this this morning. You are not a monster. I promise. Besides, the residents here, we're the monsters. You're just perfect."

"I don't know, Jack. I don't think the others like me. They can probably tell I'm not normal."

"Oh, (Y/N). I do wish you wouldn't worry about things so much. They love you, gumdrop. Not as much as I do, but still," Jack reassured, kissing the back of her neck tenderly.

"I guess if you say so, Jack. What if I go crazy again? What if I attack someone? What if I hurt you or Sammy? I-I couldn't live with myself," (Y/N) sighed, tears cascading from her eyes.

"You won't, (Y/N). I promise. I'll make sure of it. If you ever did go crazy, I'd just kiss it away," Jack teased, turning her head toward him and planting a comforting kiss upon her lips. Once they pulled away, (Y/N) smiled.

"I love you, Jack," (Y/N) said, snuggling deeper into his embrace.

"I love you, too, my sweet little gumdrop."

Laughing Jack pulled the blankets up around them, curling more securely around (Y/N) as they both drifted off to sleep.