Chapter 7

Just wanted to say that the picture above is not mine. I'm not sure who drew it, but it was not me. There are some gruesome scenes in this chapter. Just a quick warning. Hope you enjoy the chapter!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laughing Jack and (Y/N) had become nearly inseparable over the next few days. They would stay together all day, and, after Sammy was safely tucked into bed, Jack would sneak away to (Y/N)'s room to spend the night with her.

When Laughing Jack and (Y/N) had told Sammy that they were now dating each other, Sammy had been super happy. He loved them both, and now he thought they would be a nice, happy family.

It was a Friday evening, and Laughing Jack and (Y/N) were in her room, smiling and eating candy. (Y/N) had just popped a piece of candy in her mouth, when she heard a loud crash coming from downstairs.

"What was that?" Jack asked.

"I have no idea, but it can't be good. I'll be right back," (Y/N) said, jumping up and running to the door.

"Be careful," Jack called. He quickly got up and followed her. He stayed in the shadows so she couldn't see him.

(Y/N) ran down the stairs, but abruptly stopped when she saw the scene before her.

Her father, reeking of booze, had Sammy on the ground, punching him repeatedly. Her mother was just sitting on the couch, puffing away at a cigarette.

(Y/N) sprinted over to her father and started pulling back on his arm. He just jerked it away and continued to beat the child below him.

"Get offa me, you mute freak. This doesn't concern you," her father said, not once looking at her.

"Stop!" (Y/N) screeched, prying her father off of Sammy.

"So, the goth speaks," her father mocked. "No wonder you never talk. You sound like a dying cow. Now, be a good little freak, and get your hands off of me!"

Before anybody knew what was happening, (Y/N)'s father jerked his arm away from her, and landed a swift blow across her face, sending her to the floor.

(Y/N) gasped, holding her now broken cheek bone with one hand. She was stunned. Did he really just hit her? The daughter that he adopted? The daughter that had no choice for years but to be beaten and abused, mistreated like a slave?

She snapped.

She lifted him up by his underarms and threw him straight through the wall and into the other room.

Her mother screamed and ran at (Y/N) with a candlestick. (Y/N) turned around and ripped the stick from her hands. She hit her mother in the head, causing her to fall to the floor.

Like a savage animal, (Y/N) pounced on her mother. She brought the candlestick down on her mother's head. Again and again, (Y/N) struck her mother, blood splattering everywhere.

Laughing Jack watched the whole scene play out before him. (Y/N) was amazing. She displayed such a sense of bravery and strength, of brutality and murderous, vengeful passion. He adored her now more than ever.

After her mother's head was just a bloody pulp, and (Y/N) was still beating her, Jack thought she'd never stop. He walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"(Y/N), she's dead. You can stop now," Laughing Jack said, but (Y/N) wasn't giving up. After a few more minutes of pulling, Jack finally managed to get (Y/N) to turn around. He gasped.

(Y/N)'s eyes had turned a deep shade of red, almost black. Her mouth was wide open, showing her sharp fangs. She had a crazed look in her eyes, an animalistic look. Her chest was heaving up and down with the large amount of air she was breathing in.

"(Y/N)? Are you ok?" Jack asked hesitantly, not wanting to rile her up any more than she already was.

"F-Fine, Jack. Just a little...tired. That doesn't matter now, though. We need to get out of here. Can you please get Sammy?" (Y/N) asked, pointing towards the unconscious child. "I don't think I have the strength to-" Before she could finish, her body fell to the floor from exhaustion. Laughing Jack was at her side in an instant.

After he made sure (Y/N) was alright, he lifted her and Sammy up over his shoulders. He teleported out of the house and into the woods.