Chapter 28: It's not here, Channing Tatum

After School Special 2

"We came back here so you could talk to the teacher?" Dean asks Sam as they sat in the parking lot.

Sam exhales. "He's a good guy."

"Whatever." Dean shrugs. "Go have your Robin Williams, 'Oh, captain, my captain' moment. Just make it quick."

Alexis leans back in the seat of the impala, closing her eyes. "Speed it up, Sam. I'm ready for a nap."

~~~

Sam, Alexis, and Vivian sit on a fallen tree by the Bay next to the impala as Dean knelt in front of the cooler. Sam had been attacked by the ghost on his way to visit the teacher.

"Trust me, this will help." Dean hands Sam a cold bottle of liquor.

Sam took it, placing it between his legs.

"Got kicked in the balls a lot, have you?" Alexis asks Dean, A mocking smile on her face.

He gave her a look, continuing to pace back and forth in front of Sam and Alexis. "That ghosts is dead. I'm gonna rip its lungs out!"

Alexis smiles, resting her chin in the palm of her hand. "That's logical."

"You know what I meant."

"It knew my name, Dean." Sam says. "My real name. We burned Barry's bones. What the hell?"

"What's your real name?" Vivian asks as if someone not knowing his real name was ridiculous. "What is your name? Gordon Montgomery?"

"Well, maybe it wasn't Barry. Maybe we missed something. We just gotta go back." Dean leans against the impala, looking down at the folder in his hand. He was quiet for a few seconds before looking up. "No way. How did we not see this before?"

"What?"

"Check it out." Dean hands the paper to Sam. Alexis slides to Sam to see what exactly they missed. "Martha Dumptruck, Revenge of the Nerds, Hello Kitty. They all rode the same bus."

"Okay, so maybe the bus is haunted." Sam suggested.

"That would explain why there's no EMF at the school, but not the attacks."

"Right. That makes sense." Alexis nods. "They can't leave the place."

"Yeah, ghosts are tied to the places that they haunt. They can't just bail." Dean reiterated.

Sam looks up. "Unless this one can. There's lore about spirits possessing people, riding them. Whenever they leave the body, they're bungeed back to their usual haunt. But until then, the ghosts can go wherever they want."

"So a spook just grabs A kid on the bus and walks right into Truman?"

"Its possible."

"Yay. They're making our job harder." Alexis mutters.

"Ghosts are getting creative, well, that's super." Dean comments.

~~~

"Definitely ain't clean." Sam states as the three hunters investigate the bus. He held the EMF director in his hand.

"Here, ghosty, ghosty, ghosty." Dean calls out, practically waving his shotgun around. "Come out, come out, wherever you are."

"Yes, because the ghost will just hear you and decide, yeah, lets go toward the man with the gun." Alexis scoffs.

"I don't get it." Sam says. "No ones ever died on this bus. Its not like there's a body here."

"But a flap of skin, A hair--hell, A hangnail. Something's gotta be tying the ghost to this place. We gotta find it." Dean says.