Chapter 35: Questionable motels haven't killed anybody....For the most part

Its a terrible life 2

Sam, Dean, and Alexis were walking through the hall toward room 1444 when they heard a scream. The three run down the hall and Sam grabs the doorknob. It was locked so Sam kicked the door in.

"Whoa." Dean mutters. Sam shrugs, walking inside.

A man lay on the floor, a shelving unit laying on top of him. Each of them grab onto the shelf, going to lift it off. A man appeared behind Dean, throwing him into another shelf. He did the same to Sam and Alexis.

He lifts his hand, electric socks emitting from his fingertips. Dean scrambles to his feet, grabbing a wrench and swings it at the ghost.

The man disappeared in a puff of smoke as Alexis pulled herself up. All the computer screens with static cut off. They lift the shelf off the man and Sam asks, "How'd you know how to do that?"

"I have no idea." Dean replies.

"If he's gone, why do I have a feeling this isn't over?" Alexis asks.

~~~

Sam sat by the couch as Dean paced across the floor of his house.. "Holy crap, dude." Dean breathes after taking a swig of that, and to quote Alexis, 'disgusting water that definitely is not good for you'.

"Yeah, I could use a beer." Sam nods.

"Oh, sorry, man. I'm on the cleanse. I got rid of all the carbs in the house."

"You did. I, on the other hand, did not." Alexis walked around the corner and disappeared. When she reappears, she had a beer in her hand and a bag of M&M's in the other. She hands Sam the beer.

"Why are you hiding carbs in his house?" Sam looks at Alexis.

"Uh, 'cause I can."

"Hey, how the hell did you know ghosts are scared of wrenches?" Sam asks Dean.

"Crazy, right? And nice job kicking that door too. That was very Jet Li. What are you, a black belt or something?"

"No. I have no clue how I did that."

Alexis sat down on the kitchen table. "Wow, dumb and dumber don't know what they're doing."

"One, I have chairs, you know--" Dean began.

"I'm aware."

"And two, you don't know what's going on either."

"Its like...we've done this before." Sam cut off the rest of that conversation.

"What do you mean before?" Dean asks. "Like Shirley MacLaine before?"

Sam scoffs. "No. I just can't shake this feeling like I don't belong here. You know? Like I should do something more than sit in a cubicle."

"I think most people who work in a cubicle feel that way."

"No. Well, look, its more than that. Like, I don't like my job."

"Again, talk to literally anyone who has the same job. They'll say the exact same thing." Alexis kicked off her heels, letting them clatter to the floor as she leans back, her palms flat against the table.

"Its more. I don't like this town. I don't like my clothes." Sam stood, moving toward the kitchen. "I don't like my own last name."

Dean sat down as Sam turned back to them.

"I don't know how else to explain it, expect that...it feels like I should be doing something else." Sam continues. "There's just something in my blood. Like I was destined for something different."