FOUR

"Did you see how she ran out from the Theater?" Julieqa laughed. Adeline was rooming with two other girls in the Charity Tower when she arrived at her dormitory, she saw a ribbon and three sets of bouquets at the top of their bed that says, "WELCOME ADELINE, JULIEQA & PASHMITA". Adeline took the peonies on the bed close to the window and smelled them and felt a sense of homesickness. She wondered what her father was doing at the moment.

She heard Julieqa and PashmiTa talking by the tea table at the center of their dormitory. Pashmita giggled holding her cup of tea "Poor girl made a fool out of herself." she said, and Julieqa combing her hair glanced at the most popular Ever girl in school. "Ooh! How was Prince Aquil, Adi? I heard you've been spending the whole morning together after the Welcoming!" she said eager to know what she and the prince did.

Adeline felt conscious after the whole proposal in the Welcoming, she planned to be the most unpopular girl in school so she could feel normal. But no, the most dashing prince took her as his 'lady' and now it foils her plan for Ever After. She smiled and sat at the tea table, "He was okay, I guess." she took a cookie and ate it. It was the blandest cookie she ever ate ("It won't make you fat!" said Julieqa when she prepared the tea and snacks.) "Just, okay? He seems soooo dreamy." Pashmita cooed.

Adeline eyed her roommates. Julieqa was the typical girl that would befriend you because you're popular. She knows because Julieqa came from the same Kingdom she was from. She remembered Julieqa following wherever the Queen of Jaunt Jolie goes and trying to make her the royal playmate. She wore the most extravagant dresses all over town and was the most insufferable girl the villagers ever met. They prayed that she would be taken too by the School Master because she was just a pain in everyone's neck. Julieqa knew that befriending Adeline is the next step in bagging a rich prince. With her strawberry blonde locks done the same way as Adeline (Julieqa sported a ponytail when she first came here, Adeline always had her hair in a half-ponytail), green eyes and freckles almost covering half of her face, Julieqa did whatever it takes to be part of the Ever-social pyramid.

Pashmita on the other hand was a stout girl with the most beautiful hair Adeline has ever seen. Pashmita always did her hair in braids because it was wild and blew everywhere if she did it undone, it was curly and reached her toes. She had a gold nose ring and somewhat a string that connects to her ear. Her lips were bright red and her eyes always in gold glitter and lined with black liner. She rarely sees Pashmita not dressed to impress, because she wore the loudest colors all around the Ever halls "If I won't be the first girl they notice in a room, I'll make sure they will always find me in a crowd." Pashmita winked at her one time she asked why. She had no problem with Pashmita because she was rarely in the dorm with her, she was busy looking for her prince near the Boy's groom room or near the classes where the boys are. Julieqa accompanied her all day.

Her two roommates exchanged stares in disbelief. "Surely there's more than what meets the eye!" Pashmita inched closer to her, "I wrote to my papi the night after the Welcoming and said that the Kingdom of Amaraya is one of the richest Ever Kingdom! They export different types of precious rocks and armory, they also produce the toughest sword fighters!" she held out the letter with writings she couldn't understand. "Ooh! No wonder Prince Aquil was so good!" Julieqa squealed, "And he put that Hyacinth in her place! What a shame, she is a descendant of one of the most beloved Evers!" she snickered.

Adeline winced.

She saw how hurt the princess was, surely, she didn't want to duel the prince at all. She just went with her emotions.

While the two-princess talked about the other available princes and girls that look dreadful. Adeline went back to her bed and opened the parchment containing her schedule.