FIVE

News about Adeline spread like wildfire. So, in the entire day, Adeline dreaded ranking first in most of her classes except Surviving Fairy Tales.

Yuba snorted "You princess is a damsel in distress."

Ever girls laughed in the corner, Adeline felt a pain in her chest, the girls who swarm her around classes and lunch only wanted her around because they knew princes would come over to talk to her and if they could get a few tricks to display. They weren't there to be friends with her.

"And that's why you need a dashing prince to sweep you off your feet," Yuba added. The girls stopped laughing and once more were attentive to her every move, ready to play damsel. The Nevers who they shared classes were very pleased to see her weak in combat, "This princess would be easy to fool. I wonder what my uncle would do?" a Never girl eyeing her from the side, a girl named Winona, a distant relative of the very sorcerer who tricked the prince to become a frog in exchange for money.

She gulped and shifted further from their group.

The test was to identify which flower was poisonous and which can help you survive in the wild. Adeline knew which flower is which because she read it in the assigned book. Prince Aquil ranked 1st, he stayed by her side the whole test and even coached her on which flower was which when Yuba wasn't looking.

"The trick is to tickle the leaves, if the flower laughs you can eat it, and if it starts to squeal it's poisonous. And oh, be careful they could bite." he smiled.

Adeline laughed, "Wouldn't that be more dangerous? What I'd do is get a stick, poke its petals and if it bites it's bad and if it avoids the stick, it's good." she said.

The prince stared at her wide-eyed and laughed, it was beautiful, very manly, and very sure of himself. He nodded in agreement, "You can say that is safer my princess." He held her hand and walked even further to the field to distinguish bad and good flowers.

At the end of class surprisingly she Ranked 2nd just after Prince Aquil, she still had the privilege of the Groom Room (and the fact she is still in the run for becoming Captain), and in between classes she wonders how she aces most of the challenges. She was thrilled about the things she could do, she heard jealous Ever girls wanting to use the Groom Room too, but they were all too busy copying whatever Adeline did, and trying to catch Ever boys' attention, too busy to even study for the next class.

As the sky darkened, Adeline finished enduring Evers and Nevers trying to find a hole in her seemingly perfect persona, so she excuses herself and walked out of the supper hall on her way to Charity Tower to start studying for the next day when she saw a crouching figure by the balcony.

She peered closer and saw it was Hyacinth.

"Hyacinth?" she called, the poor princess bolted from her position and almost fell to the bushes. She was quick enough to hold on to the drapes. The princess whipped her head to Adeline fuming "I could have died!"

"But you didn't!" Adeline moved closer. Hyacinth leaned to the railing and faced the most popular Ever. "To what do I get the honor to talk to you Good's Princess?" she said, Adeline winced, the whole School started calling her that ever since the start of classes.

"Please, just Adeline." she held up her hand.

"Okay, just Adeline." Hyacinth smiled in amusement. They waited for each other to talk first before Hyacinth spoke again. "Are you here to say that you feel sorry for me losing to your prince? I mean you don't have to rub it in." she laughed.

Adeline felt her blood rush and let go of the books she was holding, "Oh no! That wasn't the reason why I came here." she waved her hands frantically. Hyacinth eyed her in disbelief and straightened her Ever boy-like outfit. "Well, it's nice talking to you princess. Til' next time." she tipped an invisible cowboy hat and winked and walked past her. Adeline was left dumbfounded, she remained in the Balcony for about 5 minutes before she regained her thoughts back.

"Did she just winked at me?!" she shrieked awakening the gargoyles, she fled for her life.