Anael- Something's different about her

8 hours earlier

     I'm helping my father with tasks around the pack house, collecting firewood, cleaning up, and simple things like that. We only use the fireplace for the aesthetic and homey feeling, especially around the holidays, we like the curl-up by the fire preferably with a mug of mom's famous hot chocolate in a t-shirt and a pair of loose fitted pajama pants but the fireplace isn't really necessary as we do have central heating and air. Still, Dad's getting the house ready for some reason, the house is always clean and smells good which is good because a messy house pisses me off and bad smells give me headaches I'm sure everyone with good hygiene can relate but it also gets me curious about why he's making such a big deal over an already clean house.

"Hey, Dad?" I call from the living room where I sat down the firewood by the door

"Yes, honey?" He answered from the kitchen

"Why are we doing all this? I understand the firewood but what's with all the cleaning? The house is already clean"

"You'll find out soon enough" He answered vaguely

"But I'm the soon-to-be alpha, don't I have the right to know?"

"You may be the soon-to-be alpha but as of now I'm the reigning alpha, I have the right to keep a few things to myself"

"Yes, Father" I sighed

"I promise, you'll find out soon. Now you're dismissed"

"Yes, Alpha"

     I walk up to my room, I enter my walk-in closet, changing into some workout clothes which are just a pair of grey sweatpants and a black muscle shirt. I head down to the home gym, this is where I spend most of my free time, I say free time because I take over most of the alpha tasks as my dad says it will help me get ready for when I become alpha. He says I'm a natural-born leader, the pack already treats me with the same respect as Dad even though I don't have a mate yet. Everyone's so worried about me not having one by the time of the ceremony, since you normally find your mate a few months after your first turn when you're 16 but if it isn't obvious I haven't which is causing people to panic. People say you need a Mate, a Luna to help your reign as Alpha and that may be true but I'll manage, I'll be just fine doing it alone. If the moon goddess blesses me with a mate then so be it but until then I'm just fine alone.

I worked out in the gym for about 4 hours until my mother came in, she didn't speak nor make a sound, she just stood and watched but eventually, the paranoia got to me and I turned to her.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked

"Did you do something to get you in trouble?" My mother answered my question with her own

"No Luna"

"Then no you're not in trouble...And don't call me that"

     Right, my mother always hated when my brother and I used her title, she said it's because she wants us to think of her as a mother before a Luna just like she sees us as her children before a pack member. She always said no matter how much she loves the pack, her children will always come first which is the opposite of our father, he sees all of us as equal value. I don't know which I agree with more because your children are your own flesh and blood, they originated from you but when you take on the position of Alpha and Luna you're supposed to think of the whole pack as a part of you... because it is

"Sorry Mom" I apologize

"It's alright honey, why did you think you were in trouble?" She asked

"You were just staring at me"

"I can't stare at my child?"

"No, that's not what I meant. What do you need Mom?"

"I need you to get out and get some air, aside from gathering the firewood you haven't been outside all day. Go for a run maybe?" She said, her voice full of sincerity