Hope that my false hope as you call it isn't so false

My gift to you, happy holidays🎉

Alessandra's pov

      What. Was. That?! Now I don't know them very well but they've literally been fighting nonstop since we've got here so what was up with the highly awkward brother sister moment though Anael did seem a bit taken aback by it herself. I was gonna talk to her about it but she ran off the second breakfast was over... Ok that was an exaggeration but in my defense the woman walks hella fast! I would go look for her but even with the tour I don't have an idea where to begin. I don't know where on the property she likes to hang out, for all I know she could be out running somewhere.

"Training yard or the garage" I hear Anael's mother say making me look over at her

"I'm sorry?" I say confused

"You're wondering where she went, you haven't stopped looking at the door since she walked out it" Naomi pointed out

"Oh I-" I searched my head for an excuse

"I'm not judging, simply pointing it out"

"You know where she went?"

"Training yard or the garage, she spends a lot of there there"

"Thank you" I go to walk out the door but I'm stopped by her words

"If I were you I wouldn't get too excited, she's hard to get through to... Trust me I've watched many try and fail, she's really sticking it out for her mate"

      I feel a slight pang in my chest. I don't know if it's pity or disappointment. I know how it feels to wait and wait for your mate only for them never to show up but her insisting on waiting lowers my chances of being with her to 0... Or maybe I'm disappointed because I'm not her mate. "Thank you for letting me know" The reminder for also being mateless feels like I just stepped in quicksand, I hate this, why me? What did I do to deserve being alone? I hate thinking about it but it seems the more I struggle to get out the faster I sink into my thoughts, into self-pity.

"Hey, you alright?" I feel a hand on my shoulder; It feels cold, ever since I touched Anael's hand every other hand has felt cold. I turn to the person who without knowing pulled me out of my sandy coffin. It was that blond guy Anael is always with. He was the same height as her, had dirty blond hair, bright blue eyes, and fair skin.

"Yeah I'm good, thanks" My thanks had a hidden reasoning, to him I said thanks for asking but really I thanked him for saving me from whatever mental whirlpool I was about to swept into

      I walk out the door towards the training grounds, I see all the warriors as Anael called them, even Aiden. He was in a different group this time which I'm personally grateful for because this time around no knives were flying at my face. As I looked in at the groups Anael's nowhere to be found so I made my way over to the garage. Some spots were empty and I noticed that each spot is labeled with a name.

       I make my way through the middle looking at the cars until I see Anael knelt down beside a motorcycle. For a minute I just watch her, she'll looks passionate about whatever she's doing, I can't see her face but the tension from her shoulders are gone and her breathing is soft almost like a wave gently carrying a leave along a river unlike the other times I see her and she's standing straight, the tension from her shoulders is easily visible, she looks like she can't wait to leave.

"You're staring, Alessandra" I hear her say and god the way my name rolls off her tongue, I wonder what else she can do with that mou- NOOOOPE SHUT UP BAD BRAIN BAD

"Not staring, admiring" Holy fuck that was smooth! Where did come from... never mind I don't care, just good job me!

"I hate to burst your bubble but I'm not interested in relationships"