Chapter 1

First chapter in the sequel. Please enjoy, I didn't want to start it off to 'Heavy' you know? By the way if you have not read the original it's called  'Making Bonds', this will make much much more sense if you read it first because this one has major major spoilers for it. Just saying. Enjoy!  

########

"Brendan, seriously, wise up."

"I'm telling you the truth!"  

"No you are not, I know you've never used a washing machine in your life." 

He scoffs and sweeps me off my feet and away from the washing machine but thankfully I manage to turn it on first, "Ok Alless, I will admit I've never used a washing machine but in my defence I've never needed to before. How did you catch on anyway?" 

I can't help but laugh at the genuinely confused expression on his face, "If it wasn't obvious when you tried to put my white top in with my colour load then it was when you tried to empty the entire bottle of detergent in the machine." 

"Was I not supposed to?" 

This just causes me to laugh even more violently in his arms as he still wore that look of confusion. I swear, his ability to make me laugh when he doesn't mean to is one of the things I love about him. Yeah, I love Brendan Thompson. I know it. He knows it. Heck, basically anyone who looks at us knows it because since I came back we've been almost inseparable and I feel like I have to be touching him almost all the time and from his lack of protest and own eagerness to stay in my vicinity I have a feeling he feels the same. Being away from him was tough for me but at least I knew he was ok, it can't be easy to have the woman you love suddenly vanish into the night but to have your mate disappear? 

Not that i know what its like to be a werewolf like Brendan. I'm just his prophesied mate called the Light One with special powers including seeing visions of what he was doing while I was held captive who is expected to rid the werewolf world of evil and protect all werewolves with the help of my mate and a select group of friends.  

Yeah, if you'd told me that 4 months ago I would have laughed my head off or offered to have you committed. But somehow it's all true. And if it wasn't for that constant threat of imminent danger I would be the happiest girl in the world. Actually, despite that I feel like that a hell of a lot of the time anyway.  

"What did he do this time?" I hear my best friend Taylor inquires from the kitchen of our dorm when she heard my hysteric laughter. I can't even manage to get the words out for laughing as Brendan walks us towards the kitchen and sets me cautiously on the stool in case my laughing causes me to fall off just as Liam, Brendan's best friend and Taylor's mate, walks in and settles with his chin on Taylor's head and his arms around her middle as they both watch me fascinated.  

Liam says in disbelief, "How can she laugh for so long without dislocating something?" 

And of course that sets me off again. Liam is obviously a werewolf to look at him (why do they all seem to be mysteriously attractive and tough looking at the same time?) but Taylor isn't, not even a girl born to a werewolf family can be a werewolf as all females are human. Taylor's past is unfortunately a lot sadder than that and her father abused her until I found out and practically forced her to move in a few weeks ago but she's over it with the help of Liam's love and patience and a bit of help from the rest of us and she would never give another thought to her father again I'm sure but unfortunately he is the leader of a powerful gang of werewolf hunters so he comes up in conversation far more than we'd like.  

These thoughts sober me enough to start breathing normally again so I wipe the tears that had escaped from my eyes in my giggle fit and listen in in the others' conversation. Of course I quickly tune it out though as it's to do with the running of our school and protective measures and things; you see Brendan's dad, Jeff, is the alpha of their pack and he's also headmaster of this highly exclusive and expensive private boarding school. Only it isn't just a boarding school, it is one of the most well protected areas of werewolf importance as before the crisis a quarter of the pupils were werewolves. I don't know the new figures but many werewolves moved here to be schooled as it's safer so that percentage must have increased which means that security was increased accordingly and as well as that they needed more space for pupils to board which was a definite contributing factor to how my single person dorm became occupied by Brendan, Taylor, Liam and my younger half sister Molly. I don't really mind though, sure it's a bit of a squeeze but these are some of my favourite people on this Earth and I like getting to spend more time with them. Even if the men do leave the toilet seat up and expect us to do all the housework for them.