Chapter 2

Leaning further into Brendan's chest than I would've thought humanly possible while the barrier of clothes still remained between us I groan in delight as he further deepens the kiss and his hand moves so it is under the front of my pyjama top and massaging my left breast while the other further knots itself into my hair. Pure bliss. There really is no other way to describe it. Brendan breaks away to pull off my pyjama top and I don't protest and pull off his top as well before he moves towards me again, squishing my now bare breasts against his chest. I groan at the feeling created with the friction against his chest hair. I look into his eyes and see them swimming a near golden colour, the way his eyes always do when he's experiencing intense emotions. He told me once it was his Wolf and wolfy instincts pushing towards the surface and becoming more prominent in him, I had no proof of this but there is no person on Earth who could claim the effect wasn't mesmerising. Brendan starts to fiddle with the edge of my pyjama bottoms and I wake up a little, he's never been this pushy. I mean, we've never had sex because we've just never gotten around to it. I know it will happen eventually and I'm Ok with that but usually Brendan enjoys the moment a bit more. Tonight he seems like a man on a mission. My 'spidey senses' are tingling, my power knows something isn't right. Something is different tonight.

I push him away and pull the duvet over my chest, "Love, what's the matter? What are you trying to do here?"

"What do you think I'm trying to do? I'm enjoying being intimate with my sexy as hell mate." And he tries to pull me against him again.

I push him away again and glare at him, "There's something not right here, there's something off about you tonight."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Of course there isn't." He goes to wrap his arms around me again but something snaps inside me when I realise he's blatantly lying to my face and next thing I know he's flying through the air and hitting the wall. Hard. Telekinesis is definitely one of the cooler tricks in my repertoire recently but I never thought I'd be using it for this.

Using my power to keep him pinned to the wall I stalk over to him, duvet still wrapped around me, and slap him hard across the face, "That, you idiot, is for lying to me. I swear if you lie to me again next time I will send you flying through the window. Now what the Hell is wrong with you tonight?"

He sighs but looks me directly in the eye and says, "I wanted us to have sex tonight so I could complete the mating bond. That measly temporary mark of mine you bear at the moment won't help you in the slightest if something happens. If you had been properly marked when you were kidnapped then I would've known where you were, you could've called on my wolf for support and to communicate messages between us, I would've had an idea as to how seriously you were hurt. The temporary mark only tells me you're alive and marks me as yours. And now you're buggering off for a week to Sicily to spend time with a mafia family? I don't want to be in that situation if something were to go wrong where I don't know what's happened to you and end up in a state of pure panic and frustration. I will not be helpless again if something happens to you. Jacobs may be out of commission for a while after that super power blast thing you did to him but there are plenty of other potential enemies out there and I love you too much to leave you defenceless. "

During this my hand subconsciously falls on his bite on my shoulder. Everything he says is true, the marks are only temporary in case the human doesn't wish to be tied to her mate and so Brendan hadn't pushed me to get the permanent mark until now because he didn't want to pressure me, but obviously concerns for my safety have overridden his impulse to go slowly with me. I should've guessed this was coming after I was missing but I had completely forgotten.

Eventually I manage to snap out of my daze of realisation and caress Brendan's face where I slapped him not a minute before and say softly, "Brendan, why didn't you just tell me? I am your mate but that does not mean you have the authority to make these decisions for me."