Evolution

Y/N POV

"Hawkmoth, Shadowmoth, or Monarch. Whatever your name is, you'll never steal the cat miraculous, or mine!"

Has Ladybug always been this hot?

I probably shouldn't be thinking that right now...

"And we wont stop fighting until we've got every single one of the others back!" Did that sound cool and heroic? Its freaky having all these people watching me.

While I try to deal with my sudden wave of stage fright, LB goes ahead and destroys the creepy, floating butterfly face that's been terrorizing us with Monarch's usual villainous monologue. I'm just watching in awe as she lands back on the roof and turns to me.

"Thank you Y/N."

"I- its you and me, Red." Damn I want to be cool and mysterious but my face is burning up. I hope the mask covers it.

She turns back to face the crowd "Monarch's victory will never be complete!"

I step forward to join her, "we will not be forced into silence!"

"We will not become prisoners to Monarch!"

"So everyone just stay positive and trust that Ladybug and ... me... will end Monarch's reign of terror," I turn to Ladybug "damn I really need to think of a cool superhero name..." My train of thought stops when I see Ladybug give me an annoyed look, "...but that can obviously wait until later, after we've dealt with Monarch and stuff... ha ha ..."

Before the awkwardness from her shutting down my side tangent sets in, we hear the sound of someone dropping on the roof from above, followed by two other people...

It was us chasing Monarch?

"He's getting tired! This is our chance!"

"The watch! We gotta get the Rabbit Miraculous back!"

"What the fu-" I get cutoff by someone dressed as a rabbit, coming out of a portal...

This has to be the weirdest first day of a job in the history of the world.

"Kitty Noir temp! Minibug!"

"Bunnyx! Was that really us passing through here?"

"Yes- No! I mean, yes! That was you, but later versions of you, if all goes well."

I'm slowly starting to piece together what they're talking about. "So I'm guessing that Monarch has already started using the miraculous and is traveling back in time?"

"Of course he would start with the Rabbit Miraculous, the most powerful one." Ladybug adds.

"The most dangerous one too."

This really isn't making me feel confident in the fight to come.

Bunnyx walks into her time burrow while talking to us, "As you know, changing the past can have serious consequences on the present".

Time travel is so confusing, I'm not even going to try understand. Just smile and nod boys, smile and nod...

"Over there, quick! He's traveled to your first battle against Lady Wifi!"

Inside the portal, we can see Monarch approaching a tied up Ladybug. Present-day ladybug looks at the scene confused, "that's not how it happened."

"But that's what will happen if we don't stop him."

Ladybug launches her yoyo into the time portal and drags Monarch out.

"Ladybug? Fake Chat Noir? How can you follow me through time? I'm the one with the Rabbit Miraculous."