Chapter 1: "Shadow"

People don't know me. How can they? I don't even know who I am. I'm an agent, an assassin, a shadow. There are rumors of my existence, yet not a lot of people can confirm I'm real. I'm just a shadow, just how they trained me to be. My name is Veronica Alianovna, you may know this last name, if you don't, it belongs to Natasha Romanoff, at least her birth name. "Natalia Alianovna". I'm not sure how I'm related to her, but I can see some resemblance in our appearance, we both have curly red hair and the same green eyes as I've been told, I don't know where my other features come from though, I have big pink cheeks and a little nose. Dreikov once told me that those both come from my mother, he didn't say who she was though. I just know I'm meant to replace Natasha. I need to be better than her.

I was born April 23, 2004. I was raised in the red room, I didn't know a life out of that until I was 8 when I was sent into my first mission, a test to see if I would shine under pressure. One of the many tests I had to go through to graduate. You normally do when you are 18, but I was different than the other girls. I was born to stand out. I was made, I'm a project. The shadow project. All I know are tests I need to overcome, emotions I'm not allowed to feel. People I had to kill.

I wasn't close to a lot of people in the red room. Just two, and just for a few years. I saw the oldest as my big sister, they always tell us feelings are a weakness, so all our close relations had to be kept a secret. She gave me my post important possession. Pchela. He's a brown bear that has a bee on the left side of his forehead. That's all I have left from her. I take him wherever I go. Then there was my best friend, Chrissy. She was my age, and we were roommates, but it's the red room, and of course her being my roommate was also a test.

Although, right now, that doesn't matter. My past doesn't matter. The only thing you need to know, is that I was better off alone. Even if for the moment I'm pared with the Winter Soldier and have been for the past year. He's nice, well, until he goes into full assassin mode, even so, his company is nice, at least I'm not alone, I hate solo missions, I hate being alone with my thoughts, having someone to talk to is nice, even if we can't talk much or of certain topics.

I had another mission tonight, this was a solo one, although Pierce told me I would have one with the Soldier soon. They just wanted a shadow, and I'm known for being that. They just wanted me to make sure that not all files were taken into S.H.I.E.L.D. an easy mission. I was already trying to get a hold of the files they wanted to keep when I heard some commotion. Naturally I just prayed that it would download fast enough.

Minutes later I heard gunshots outside, I checked, and the files were transferred. I ran into hiding inside a small room with a two-way mirror. I was seeing what it was all about while I hugged Pchela tightly, and of course, the black widow was there, downloading the files, it didn't seem like she noticed the missing ones, so I just stayed in my hiding spot.

It seemed like everything was going fine until Captain America came through the door with a guy. This wasn't supposed to happen.

- Well, this is awkward – Said Natasha while downloading the files, she turned to grind at Rogers.

- What are you doing? – He asked getting up from the floor walking towards her.

- Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into – She informed.

- Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here? – Steve asked getting near the computer and looking at it, realizing what the black widow was doing.

- You're saving S.H.I.L.D. intel – Steve said out-load once he reached a conclusion.

- Whatever I can get my hands on –

- Our mission is to rescue hostages –

- No, that's your mission, and you've done it beautifully – Said Natasha, taking the USB and starting to walk away until Rogers grabbed her by the arm.

- You just jeopardized this whole operation –

- I think that's overstating things –

They both turned around when they heard the guy getting up, throwing a grenade, and running out the room. Captain launched it a side with his shield. This is where I realized they were going to discover my hiding spot. I started running to get under a desk as I protected my head with one hand from the now shattered mirror while I hugged Pchela with the other one. The black Widow and Captain America both groaned in pain as they took cover getting their backs against the wall in case of more hits. Before they could see me, I made my way out of the little office and got away, I hope they didn't saw me.

I was trained to be just that, a shadow, never seen by anyone. But this was my first mission that I saw the Black Widow, someone that got the same training I did, the one person that's supposed to know I'm there, was there. She's someone that I'm related to. For the first time, I'm not sure I did my mission as it was requested to be. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!! It's been so long since I have published a chapter, and recently I re-read the story and realized how this doesn't make sense, so I decided to re-published the first book of "Youngest Agent". I wrote this when I was 13 maybe 14, and It's been so long since I wrote. I turned 16 recently and decided that it's time to change this, so, here is the first chapter of the new "Youngest Agent" If you all want, I'll make the new one a separate one and leave this one as it is. The idea I have planned is basically the same, that's why I just decided to move things around to make it make sense, but I understand if you all want the original as it is. Thank you all so much for reading this book, you have no idea how much it means to me that it's already at 28K views. I love you all so much. Have a great day/night. <33