Chapter 8: "Breakfast"

When I woke up the next morning I saw I was still Nat's warm embrace, I let myself sink into it a little longer. I noticed she was awake. She didn't say anything she just hold me a little tighter. After a few minutes she let go of me a little and looked down at me.

- Hey kid, how did you sleep? – She asked me, moving a strand of my hair behind my ear

- It was the best sleep I had in my life – I told her letting out a small laugh

- How did you sleep? – I ask

- It was a good sleep, best one in a while, want to grab some breakfast? –

- I can? – I asked unsure

- Of course you can! You are safe here, we won't judge, with us you'll eat three times a day, and snacks in-between if you want – I couldn't believe that I never have breakfast. In the red room they only let us eat the minimum, just to go on without collapsing and in KGB and HYDRA wasn't any different.

We both got out of bed and went down the stair for breakfast. I'm guessing it was still a little early, since only Clint was up.

- Hi girls, how did you sleep? –He asked

- It was good sleep – Nat answered, I kept quiet

- There's eggs for breakfast, along with some fruits, in case you want – Clint informed as Nat sat down in the kitchen table, she signaled for me to sit down next to her, so I did.

- Want some eggs? Or do you want to start with some fruit? – Nat asked me

- There's strawberry's, mango, watermelon – I kept quiet, unsure of the routine that was unfolding. Normally I would eat in silence and in my room alone, if you could call it "eating", they served us some sort of paste that had all the nutrients we needed.

I think Nat remembered that, because as she went on, her voice slowed down.

- What's wrong? – Clint asked from the kitchen. I noticed Nat standing up, but I didn't look.

- I forgot, in the red room they don't feed you food – Nat whispered to Clint

- You don't think –

- I don't think Bella has eaten any real food –

- But you had eaten food before when I brought you to S.H.I.E.L.D. –

- That's because I had to get used to food for undercover missions, but she didn't do any undercover –

- alright, come on – Clint grabbed a plate with fruit. Nat came back and sat where she was before, Clint sitting on the other side.

- hey kid – He said

- Hi – I answered

- Have you had fruit before? – He asked. I shook my head no

- Alright, that's okay, what's your favorite color? – he asked, I got confused, but still answered

- Green –

- Love that color, mine is purple, what's yours Nat? –

- Red – She answered, equally as confused as me

- So, the outside of a watermelon is green, want to try that one? – He offered, putting a cube of it on my plate. I took my fork and picked it up, unsure if I wanted to try it or not. I looked at Clint.

- It's alright, it's really good, one of my favorites – I gave it a little bite. It was something, it had flavor. I wasn't loving it, but I didn't hate it.

- How is it? – He asked

- It's okay –

- Alright, we can find you a better one, why don't we try Strawberry next? –

- But I haven't finished the watermelon –

- You don't have to finish it if you don't want to. If you aren't comfortable with something you don't have to do it. Specially with us, got it? – I nodded, smiling at him.

- Atta girl, wanna try the strawberry? – He put a cube of it in my plate too. I picked it with my fork and just went with it and ate it. It was really good, I liked it.

- Alright, better than the other one right? – I just nodded, trying to enjoy it's flavor a little longer.

- Wanna try mango? Or do you want more of the same? – Nat asked

- I could try mango – I answered. Nat put some in my plate and I tasted it. My eyes widen in shock. I loved it, it was as the feeling of the cold air on my face after being trapped for months. Clint and Nat start laughing quietly.

- It looks like we have a winner – Clint said as Nat put some more in my plate. I ate it all. Mango is definitely my favorite fruit from now on.

After a while Steve came through the kitchen calling out for Nat, he saw us eating fruit.

- Oh, sorry, I was just worried when I woke up and didn't saw Nat – He explained

- You're sharing with Steve? I thought he was Tony – Clint looked at Nat confused

- No, uhm, Tony has his own room along with Bruce – She explained

- It doesn't really matter, when did you woke up? –

- Around half an hour ago, Bella needed me for something –

- Want to join us for breakfast? – Clint offered – I was just about to heat up some eggs for Bella to try –

- I would love some, thanks – Clint got up from his seat and started heating up some eggs.

- I thought boys and girls couldn't sleep in the same bed – I whispered to Nat

- That's some lie the Red Room tells to not get attached, you know how they say "You use men, you don't love them" type of crap – Nat explained.

Clint and Nat introduced me to some more foods while Steve watched Nat silently while he leaned on a wall, refusing to seat down.

Eggs were good, I enjoyed them, but Nat offered eggs with sausage and that made so good and orange juice was so refreshing, I loved that.

Clint's kids were nice, they came downstairs along with Laura, they were really curious about me and kept asking a bunch of questions. His dad trying to tell them not to ask so many questions, but I enjoyed them, they made me feel like a normal kid.

Tony and Bruce were the last ones to join. Tony refused to enter the kitchen with me in it, but Bruce stood next to Steve as there was nowhere to sit. I offered my chair to Laura as she's pregnant at some point, but she refused to take it, claiming she liked standing up. 

----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! Sorry for the long wait, just a little critters block. As you can see, the Avengers will be staying in Clint's house a little longer than they do in the movie. The next chapters will probably be fillers, but I promise the waiting won't be as long. I hope everyone has a good day/night and I love you all!! <3