Chapter 10: "I think we need to talk"

I wasn't hungry after breakfast, so I told Clint and Nat that I was just going up to my room. I fell asleep on my corner while I hugged Pchela. It wasn't long, I woke up as soon as I started to dream. I went over to the window as I heard some noise. It was Steve and Tony talking about their walking nightmares while they chopped wood. Soon the conversation was about me.

- She shouldn't stay here –

- Tony, we've been over this –

- She could've scaped, or worse, come out of those woods to kill us all, it wouldn't be strange coming from her –

- She's just a kid, that had a tough life, her whole life she's been a mistake away from death. Cut her some slack –

Laura then appeared, asking Tony to help with their truck, Stark followed her to their truck in the garage. I heard someone coming into my room. Nat and Clint entered the room.

- Hi – I greeted them, not looking away from the window.

- Hey kid, I think we need to talk – Nat said

- Is everything okay? – I asked worried, fearing I may have trusted them more than I should've.

- Yeah, we just wanted to talk to you, help you in any way we can – Clint clarified

- Help? –

- Yes, or maybe just get to know you a little better – Nat tried to explain. I sat down on the desk chair, hugging my knees along with Pchela. I kept quiet, not knowing what more they wanted to know about me. They sat on the bed facing me.

- We know you were raised in the Red Room, and you mentioned the Shadow Project? –

- The Shadow Project. Dreikov wanted to replace you, Nat. He combined different people's DNAs to create the perfect killing machine. Who's is classified. 10 different girls were made, even if we all had the same DNA, we were all different. Some were blonde, black-haired, brunette, I was the only red head though. Half of them didn't survive the first year. Two of them were too rebellious so they had to be eliminated. Another one had too many morals, she refused to do any harm. Me and Chrissy were part of the same program. We were basically a copy of the other. But still, she had blonde hair, she was stronger, but I was smarter. In the end I was the one left.

- Why was that? – Clint asked

- I was the favorite, that was the only reason I made it and she didn't. Because I looked most like Nat –

- How were your days like? Was it all the same? – Nat asked me

- I woke up at 4 am. I took a shower and woke Chrissy up, she took a shower while I got dressed, I did my hair while she got dressed, and we talked a little while she did her braids. We had classes from 5 am to 12. We have an hour to eat lunch, and from 1-6 we have training. Chrissy and I were in different classes as we weren't allowed to see how the other worked. At 3 we had a 15 min break, just to get to training. It was an hour with guns and aiming, an hour for conditioning, and hour for sparring. Then it was competition time. It varies, there is no certain pattern, the usual one is just dancing, you make a mistake is one streak, you get to three you are removed from the room and taken to another one, so they do things on you. We only get to stop when there is only three people left on the room.

- What do they do in those rooms? – Clint asked

- It also varies from what the guards feel like doing, we are left with them. They can punch, cut, stab, sometimes they have "fun time" that's the one Chrissy and I hated the most –

- What's "Fun time"? – Nat asked, I was surprised she didn't know, I thought that had always been around.

- You don't know what it is? Every girl in the Red Room has gone through it – Nat shook her head no – It's when you are in a corner, and you get chained by your right hand, so you can't escape. Different guards can come in at the same time. They take off your clothes, and they take out their pants. They start to touch – Clint stood up. Covering his face with his hands, rubbing his eyes and then putting his hands on his hips.

I look at him. Not knowing if I should continue or not. Nat has tears in her eyes, threatening to spill.

- Oh kid – Nat mumbled under her breath. I wasn't understanding. I may not enjoy the punishment, but it was normal. I hugged Pchela a little tighter. I just looked at them confused. Why were they so affected by this? Clint sat back down on the bed.

- What's wrong? – I ask, not knowing if I should even say something

- We are so sorry – Clint said, he wasn't looking at me, he was looking at the floor. He couldn't look up. He didn't dare to look up, to look at me.

- How was it in KGB? – Nat asked, trying to move on from the topic.

- In there and HYDRA it was the same routine. I never know what to expect when they take me. They could experiment, let the guards have "fun time", maybe a torture session, a training session, a test. It always varies, I could never catch up on a pattern or anything. I hated all options but training is acceptable, it's a train till you collapse thing, except if you collapse before they want you to, you get punished. Training was warm up, a little of boxing, a little of ballet, being the termination for failed projects, and after just being the punching bag for some guards. This is why it's acceptable. It wasn't fun, but it was my normality. I don't think there is a need to explain how the other ones were. –

Clint was still starring at the floor. Nat was looking at the ceiling, thinking of something to say.

- I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said all that – I should've just kept quiet. They probably didn't want to know all this.

- You don't have to apologize; we are so sorry for what happened to you. You shouldn't have gone through that – Nat told me, finally looking at me, her eyes were glossy, but still, she didn't let a single tear spill out. I didn't let myself show emotions, I already showed too much. I could tell my story, but as long as it didn't affect me, I would be okay.

- Clint finally looked up, he stood up and knelt in-front of me. His eyes weren't as glossy as Nat's, but two tears have spelt.

- If something we do, or anyone does, makes you uncomfortable, if you don't want to be part of something, or do something. You tell me, and I will take care of it. I'm here for you now, you are safe, and I'll protect you. Got it? – I looked at him, and I smiled. He reminded me of one of the older girls in the Red Room, she was my favorite, and she too swore to protect me and Chrissy. They killed her. But this was different, so I just nodded, and I hugged him. He did so too, tightly. It was comforting, his worry gave me peace, because it was sincere, and he meant all he was saying.

When Clint and I separated, Nat came over and hugged me. I hugged her. Her embrace was also comforting. She went through my same experience. She knows how it can be. It feels good to be understood. Still, none of their hugs could compare to Chrissy's for her hugs, I would die for.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! another filler, but I think this one is very important for the relationship between Clint with Bella and Nat with her. I promise I'll try to stay a little more active, but hey, two chapter in less than 24 hours. Non the less, I hope you are all having a good day/night! Love you all! <3