Chapter II: The Bird's Master

CHAPTER II 
THE BIRD'S MASTER

Inside the castle was a problematic ruler walking back and forth. He had his arms crumbled as his blood boils in fury. One of his most valuable men just vanished like the hush of the wind, never been found, never been traced. The emperor engulf in fury as he tried everything in his possession just to find the man. He was persistent to find him especially that a calamity is threatening the peace of their empire.

"Are everyone here?" he composed himself, trying his best not to scare the servants. The tension in the room wrapped around every corner, suffocating the servants, not leaving any space escape. The servants were hesitating to even utter a word, as if it will be a sin and they'll get executed by just creating a sound. The servants are torn between speaking and answering the emperor's question or let the other do the job. However, they knew that silence will only add fuel to the fire. Emperor Remualdo Bozidar II does not abides the disrespect of silence. 

"The minister as well is the prince is missing, Majesty," Quintrelle soldier named Calove answered. Amidst the intimidating atmosphere enveloping the corner, he remained stoic. He showed no signs of fear or imminent danger. In his belief as a Quintrelle soldier, displaying indications of fear is a serious offense in their defense, and facing the emperor's wrath is never an exception. Emperor Remualdo Bozidar II—known for his violent and devious way of governing, a danger competitor yet ruled their empire into its utmost triumph.

The emperor sat on his seat, massaging his temple out of frustration. He was not surprise by his son missing in action, yet he was disappointed. Series of punishment were condemned onto him yet, there seems to be no proper way of disciplining him. He's a prince, his presence is greatly needed into their empire, his statements mattered to the king and to its people. But his son does not seem to care at all. He was always missing in times like this, which wanders the emperor on where on Quintrelle could his son be?

Prince Krypton Eryx Bozidar of Quintrelle—he was known as the naughty prince which involved and shackled their empire into his humiliations and disgrace. Involving himself with a lot of women and leaving them in tears. And the saddest part of their power, the women cannot fight for themselves against him, he was a prince after all, and the prince always favors by the emperor.

"That man, just what kind of strategy I must do to discipline him," Emperor Remualdo mumbled. He heaved a deep sigh thinking about the old days he could spend his time with his kid. How much he wanted to turn back the time to the good old days. However, now's time is different, the empire needs them not as father and son, but as a prince and emperor of Quintrelle.

"Damn it!" The emperor mumbled. His hasty stand up from his seat made the servants jumped out of their place. Calove the soldier had his head held up high as he step back and make way for the emperor to pass. The emperor knew this time that this is not the time to wait, time is clicking and they are uncertain if the time is with them or with their opponent. They cannot afford to be defeated and fall in the hands of another tyrant leader.

"Calove," the emperor called in his nonchalant and cold usual voice. The soldier did not bother to utter a word but wait for the command of the emperor. "Send an invidation to the Emperor of Alterious. Summon him here tonight as I shall be waiting until midnight strikes." The emperor did not wait for a response as he instantly exit the scene.

The loud yearn of the bird flying above the sky made the others fly away from her. The bird was screaming on top of her lungs irritatedly by the feather she had lost in the hands of the merchant. She felt attacked and the needing of revenge, the needing to burn the merchant using his own oil. Despite the annoyance she felt towards the merchant, she knew her responsibility to him as well.