Chapter III: Her

CHAPTER III 
HER

"Your majesty, I apologize for my impudent self but I cannot let you pass out of this gates. His majesty's command me so," the guard of the castle which is also a member of Quintrelle's army said. He was standing firm as he barricade the way out of their castle. Krypton heaved a deep sigh as he stared at the guard with pleading eyes.

Krypton was close to the guard named Eugene for he is one of his loyal allies. However, his loyalty is preserved to the empreror most—his father. Eugene did not fell onto his trap, he did not buy the pleading of the prince. He had enough of the emperor's wrath everytime his son escape during occasions, now the emperor have commanded him to isolate him inside the castle and can only get out with the emperor's permission.

"This is outrageous, how could you do this to me?" Krypton is not what he seems he is. With those doe obsidian eyes and soft features that screams innocence is far from who he is and Eugene can prove it well. He is naughtly and a playful prince which have the right trick to confuse the mind of its prey, and his picked target was him.

"I said no," Eugene told him with authority and confidence that he won't fall this time. Krypton couldn't help but to purse his lips as he walk back inside the castle with his dropped shoulders. Dissapointed and annoyed, not at Eugene but to his father. He knew well that Eugene is just following the orders, and there had been countless times wherein Eugene almost got trouble by saving his ass from the Emperor. But can he blame himself? When the reason behind his disappearance in every occasion is to escape from the girls his father is introducing to him?

I mean, they're girls, they are the sweetest specimen created on this planet. Of course there is no way Krypton is going to reject their kind, not even a single one of them. However, that is not the case. Krypton may seemingly after women but he is not that desperate. He has no plans on marriage and what he only wants is someone to flirt with for fun and someone he can leave after the sweet flavour of candy faded into his mouth. Sound's like a bad definition for prince…isn't it?

Krypton was only halfway when he stopped walking as an idea popped on his mind out of nowhete, lighten his mood as a smirk crept onto his lips. He just had the most brilliant idea in mind that not even his father—the emperor could think of. He faced Eugene who just rolled his eyes as he watches the young emperor sauntered into his direction. 

'Here we go again' Eugene sighed.

"Your majesty, I said what I said. If you are really that persistent then you must confront the majesty about it," Eugene said.

"But this is brutal," Krypton reasoned out. Eugene shook his head in disbelief and disagreed. Before even krypton open his lips to persuade him the Emperor appeared from his back. Walking with fewer army on his side.

The emperor stopped and stood miles away from him as he slowly faced his father with forehead creased. With the confuse Krypton, the stoic expression of the Emperor was unable to be comprehend by him.

"What on Quintrelle is happening?" Krypton asked as he wander his gaze from the army.

"Where are you going this time?" Instead of answering, the emperor replied with a question which he was torn apart whether to answer or not. He is a prince and Eugene is a guard. Krypton may be a Prince but his overall authority is not the same as the Emperor—it is limited.

"If I tell you, will you let me?" Krypton asked. The emperor sauntered towards and stopped beside him.

"No," he nonchalantly replied as he walk passed him. Eugene solemly opened the gate for the emperor and for the army. As the army walk pass and prepare and gather their horses, the Emperor faced Krypton with his usual cold stares.