Chapter IV: The Princes and The Prime Minister

CHAPTER IV
THE PRINCES AND THE PRIME MINISTER

The door opened suddenly as Malazan was welcomed by the three princes of the empire Quintrelle, Evanescent, and Ascian. He was standing firm as his posture screams elegance as he surveyed what on earth had happened to them.

Prince Krypton of Quintrelle has his arms open widely as if he was welcoming a visitor. He was standing in front with the two other princes. Prince Raven of Evanescent was standing near a table as he was holding a glass of wine in a way that he was about to drink it but halted. Prince Renjiro of Ascian was laying boredly on the couch with open thighs.

"What did I miss?" Malazan asked.

"Girls," Krypton smirkingly answered as Raven looked at him ridiculously.

"Thank god," he nonchalantly replied.

He entered the room and was greeted with numerous classic paintings and furniture that depicts the rich culture of Quintrelle. Emperor Remualdo Bozidar II and his son Prince Krypton Eryx Bozidar are very sentimental and persistent to not leave the culture of Quintrelle behind. They value the hard work of their people and are looking forward to developing them.

"I thought you did not fall into his trap," Renjiro nonchalantly said. Krypton sauntered to Malazan's direction as the silly prince was ready to give him a welcome hug when Malazan barricaded his hands in front of his face.

"What trap?" Malazan asked.

"This asshole is playing tricks again. Wanting us to come here for his own pleasures," Raven rolled his eyes as he took a sip to the royal cup he was holding. "Why didn't you call your girls instead?"

"Look, I told you. This is not about saving me from the scandalous eye of the public, Raven. Haven't I clarified that already?" Krypton asked.

"No, you have not," Raven nonchalantly replied.

Krypton irritatingly rolled his eyes as he held the shoulders of Malazan, escorting him to sit on the couch beside Renjiro.

"Moving on, the unison of our empires brings peace in our land. Wherein our own nations are content by the lands it has and no longer conquer for more," Krypton began.

"Just get to the point," Renjiro boredly requested. Krypton irritatingly turned to him as he glared at the impatient prince in front of him. He is indeed a man who believes that waiting is like staring at the water to flow from the top of a building to the ground, pulling pranks on someone, both are a waste of time and both have no purpose at all.

"Shut up, mad man. I'm not done talking," Krypton irritatedly hissed. Renjiro shook his head.

"As I was saying, we cannot have baggage to carry around which shatters the unison of our lands. There is a foreign land which is threatening us, or to be specific, threatening Quintrelle," Krypton explained. The bored Renjiro who was laying on the couch became alert and intrigued by the news.

"Isn't that supposed to be for the emperor to handle," Malazan said.

"Indeed, but you cannot just expect me to be silenced in terms of this, Mazan. And as a companion, I summoned all of you here to be my companion to investigate what this specific nation is aiming for," Krypton said.

Malazan shrugged as he let krypton announce the information he had gathered. It is supposed to be the prince of alterious himself who should be in his shoes, the one who should be negotiating with this matter. The only problem is that no matter how the four nations unite, the prince of alterious will remain an outsider to these three princes. They don't possess the bond nor relationship with him for a deep reason they rather not talk about.