Chapter Six: Debrief

Dear Naruto,

Between you, Sasuke, and Kakashi-sensei we'll never have to worry about Konohan winters ever again. (That's a good thing, I promise.)

For someone who lived in that dingy apartment for so long, the scent of spice and wind on your blankets instead of dust is surprising. I'll wash them this time but eventually, I'll make a laundry schedule.

By the way, the Uzumaki specialised in seals if you didn't know. You should look into it when you get the chance. I'll probably try to tell you about this personally, but just in case I don't I'm writing it down.

—Sakura

"There's nothing inside her now."

          Sakura's outburst is so loud, Kakashi actually holds his hands over his ears. She would find it funny, if she wasn't so... shocked, for lack of a better word. Also, her throat immediately screams at her for the shout, burning to the point that Sakura is sure it must be bleeding. Tears gather in the corners of her eyes from the severity of it.

Iriomote hands her a second mug, and Sakura, unwilling to question anything else, accepts it. Greedily drinking more of the tea, Sakura gulps at the drink until her throat starts feeling significantly better. This just so happens to be almost the whole mug, she realises, once she brings her arms down and rests the mug on her lap. Sakura blinks slowly, looking down at it in mild surprise. She tilts the mug back in her hands, eyes looking over the print.

'Paw-sitively Tired,' the mug reads in bright, sunflower yellow letters that look to be drawn on by a child. Brown paw prints surround the words in a bouncy, childish way.

Sakura blinks down at it again. Then she looks up, a deadpan look on her face. She knows that they can tell from her expression that no, not even this kind of mug will distract her.

Kakashi's semi-hopeful face squashes down dramatically into an over-exaggerated dreary look. Sasuke hasn't stopped giving Naruto a death glare since the sunshine blonde spilled the beans.

Sakura blinks again, slow and steady, obviously making a point.

"Mah, Sakura-chan," Kakashi wheedles. "It's not that long! I've been on bed rest for longer," He tries to assure her. Sakura is not the only one to give him a deadpan look.

"That's not helpful, Bakashi-sensei," Sasuke says, almost monotone. Sakura nods at her teammate, her expression making it clear that she agrees with him. Emphatically.

"Yeah, sensei," Naruto pipes up from his new position at the foot of the bed, "That was like, a zero in terms of helpfulness." Sakura's thoughts wander briefly as her sensei and teammates begin to get into an argument. Two months... Well her spring sickness definitely wasn't early then. In fact, it was late! It was the thick of summer by now.

"Taichō," Iriomote interrupted, clearing his throat before speaking. He didn't seem to have to say more, Kakashi clearly already knowing what he was going to say.

"I know, I know," Kakashi waved the ANBU off. "Sakura-chan," Kakashi shifted his attention, addressing the pinkette. Sakura blinked. She then moved her chin, turning her head towards her sensei in acknowledgement.

'Yes?' Sakura mouths carefully, making sure to take another sip of tea immediately afterwards.

"We have a debriefing with the Hokage once you are well enough to walk out of the hospital on your own two feet," Kakashi informs her succinctly, raising a brow at Sakura. Her entire body prickles with dread at the news, but it doesn't particularly surprise her.