Chapter 2- The Abyss

(Izuku's POV)

Middle School was a challenging experience for me. Even though my quirk hadn't fully shown itself, I knew I wasn't quirkless. It was only a few weeks after my mom and I went to the hospital to find out what my quirk was that I noticed some changes in my appearance. My iris changed shape, and the sclera in my eyes turned black instead of white. I also had white streaks in my hair, which started to change along with my eyes. However, these changes did not manifest into any quirk abilities, and people started to bully me, calling me quirkless.

It's been almost a decade since then, and I still wonder what my quirk can do. Maybe it takes time to develop those changes, or perhaps it grows with me. I always wonder what would happen if it were fully awakened. 

One afternoon, I found myself sitting at my desk in class, watching new hero clips that were taken that day, analyzing their quirks and how they worked. Suddenly, my teacher interrupted my thoughts, "Good afternoon class, I know you all are eager to go home for the weekend, but we have a few things to do before then." He handed out a few pieces of paper, and I put my phone down and started working on the assignments.

After finishing my work, I found myself doodling on the sides of one of them. I drew a chain-like weapon and a few crystals, and it felt right. I smiled at the doodles and handed the pages to my teacher. "Good job Midoriya, you can do whatever you want until the end of class," he said. I nodded and went back to my seat. 

Feeling tired, I put my head down on my desk, closed my eyes, and slowly fell asleep. When I woke up, I found myself in a dark space, calm yet filled with whispers. As I looked up, I saw many orbs floating in the sky, each one unique and never the same as the other. It was peaceful, and I liked it. The space was relaxing, and even if this was a dream, it was the most relaxed I had been in a long time.

Suddenly, I woke up to a burning sensation on my shoulder. "Well look who's finally awake. Now I have one thing to say. You won't be going to register for UA, got it?" I knew who it was without even looking. It was my childhood friend Katsuki Bakugo, an ash-blond male. "What would you do if I did?" I replied in a cold tone. "I'll beat your ass, you weakling!" he said, grabbing my notebook from under my arms. 

"Give that back!" I exclaimed, trying to reach for it. "Look at him, he's trying to get his book back. He's way too short to even reach it," one of Bakugo's lackeys said. "He hasn't grown since the sixth grade!" Bakugo added in a mocking tone. 

"What have you got, his diary?" one of his lackeys asked, as Bakugo showed them the cover. "Huh, don't tell me that you're taking notes on how to be a hero, how pathetic," he sneered. I felt angry and stood there as Bakugo put my notebook in between his hands, used his exponents on it, and threw it out of the window. "This sucked, I thought he had some fight in him," Bakugo declared before leaving the room, followed by his lackeys. 

I grabbed the rest of my things and went out of the now-empty classroom, not wanting to run into anyone else. As I walked outside, I saw a koi pond and decided to take a break there. It was then that I noticed my notebook floating in the water. A year of analyzing was now soaked and burnt. "Stupid jerk," I muttered to myself, feeling frustrated and defeated.