Chapter 3- A Slimy Attack

As I walked down the street, I couldn't help but think about the promise I made to myself. I promised that no matter how the world sees me, I will keep on smiling, not letting their words get to me. Suddenly, someone approached me from behind. I turned around to see a terrifying sight – a slimy figure coming up from the sewers. It was a villain, I knew it, and I was defenceless. I had never been able to use my quirk before, and I was scared.

The villain spoke, "Well, look who we got here. Kid, you'll make a perfect skin suit for me to hide in!" I tried to run, but the villain latched onto me, trying to hide within me. "Don't worry, I'll be taking over your body. It will be easier for the both of us if you stop squirming!" The villain's grip was tight, and I couldn't breathe. I closed my eyes, and I felt myself start to go limp.

Suddenly, the slime flew off of me, and I hit the ground hard. I could hear a cracking sound, and the villain screamed in fear. I tried to open my eyes, but all I could see was blue. I was afraid, and I didn't know what was going on. This was new, and I couldn't do anything. I felt an overwhelming power around me, and I heard the voices of the people who had mocked me in the past. They said the words that hurt me the most growing up.

"You want to be a hero? How funny. You are useless. You can't even use your quirk! Give up on your dreams. It's pointless. You'll never be a hero. What are you going to do to me, shortie? You'll never become a hero. You can't even protect yourself or anyone else. You're a freak of nature. If you want to be a hero that bad, there may be a way. Pray you'll be born with a quirk that works in your next life and take a swan dive off the roof of the building!"

I felt the overwhelming power die down, and a hand pulled me down into a tight hug. It was calming, and I felt safe and calm. I felt tired and closed my eyes. "It's okay, you're safe," I could hear a gruff voice say as I let myself fully into a comforting slumber.