Chapter 2

A week passed since Kou agreed to Himari's terms. Kou found it stupid. Couldn't the members of the photography club clean up after themselves? It was so simple, yet why didn't they do it? Were they that lazy to not want to clean up after themselves? Although, who isn't lazy these days?

Kou sighed. Why was it always so messy? Half the time, they weren't even in the room. If there weren't people in the room, then how would it get dirty? Unless Himari loved to throw parties, but Kou didn't see him as the partying type.

"Himari, do you throw parties with supernaturals during the day or what?" Kou asked out of the blue one day.

"They're perverts who want to use me for their porn," Himari said. Kou facepalmed. Of course, that's what Himari would say. Why did Kou expect something different from Himari?

"And how are you sure of this?" Kou asked. Himari said that about everyone, if they were perverted or not.

"They looked at me weird."

Kou facepalmed. Of course, that's what Himari said. He should have known that would be the reply he got.

"You're not a pervert who wants to use me for your porn, right, lame ass traffic earring?"

Kou didn't understand the nickname Himari gave him. It wasn't bad, right? Sure, he had an earring that was for traffic safety, but that was only because Teru said it was good luck or something close to that.

"Oh wait, your earring is gone," Himari said. Kou was confused. He didn't feel someone take it. Nor did he see someone take it. He would have definitely seen or felt the culprit if they took it.

"You're joking. Don't be silly, Himari."

Kou reached for his earring on his ear to show it was still there, but he didn't feel it. Did something really take his earring? How could it have taken his earring? He didn't feel anyone or see them come by. It made no sense.

"Okay, tell me who took it?"

Himari floated in silence for a bit. Did he want to do the nice thing and tell Kou who took it?

"Hm, ask around and then you'll find the answer, lame ass traffic earring."

There were some days where Kou was completely tired of being near Himari. Sometimes Kou was relieved when he had classes, but sometimes Himari would show up in class with Kou. It annoyed Kou greatly. All Kou wanted was a break from Himari. Was that too much to ask for?

Once Kou was done with cleaning the photography club room, he walked home with his friends.

"Yokoo, Satou, do any of you know why things randomly disappear?" Kou asked. Satou shrugged, but Yokoo had an answer.

"It could be the faeries."

"Yokoo, those don't exist. It's probably just people being irresponsible," Satou said. Yokoo shook his head.

"You never know. Might as well know it, just in case it's true."

Kou listened to Yokoo talk about the faeries. If Himari's rumor was true, then that meant the faeries were true too, right? It was right to assume that. He knew Himari would never answer his questions without it being some sort of riddle or close to that, so he was stuck having to figure it out himself.

"So basically, the faeries steal stuff when you're not looking, but you better not look at them or else they'll kill you," Yokoo summarized what he said. Kou didn't hear what Yokoo had first said, so he was glad Yokoo summarized what he said.

Either way, it made Kou shudder. Why was that a rumor going around? Satou looked at Kou with a disappointed look.

"Kou, please don't tell me you believe in those silly rumors. They are not true at all," Satou said.